Forums

Help › Forums

Distance

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:39 PM (5 replies)
  • JRGordon12
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:44 AM

My account has been upgraded to Pro and ever since this has happened i can hardly hit the fairway on several holes because i cant it the ball that far. Is this a normal issue of a problem with the system?

thanks

Jim

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:45 AM

They're working on bumping the Pro's up a tee box starting next release.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/2400.aspx

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:52 AM

The masters that have not purchased a new driver for what ever reason can also not hit the fairway on many holes as well. I do not have this issue because I have purchased the new drivers; however, it has made it miserable for some of my best "WGT" friends who have not...

Should it realy be necesary to purchase new clubs to play this game?

Just curious on what others think...

• JRGordon12
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:18 AM

i went from being a 68 avg to almost 76 avg since i was "upgraded" to PRO. Its not fun anymore. Am i suppose to keep playing increasing my average? its like i was penalized. For example i just played a round where i hit driver, 3 wood, 3 wood, PW before i was on the green putting! WTF? I tried playing the us open but had to quit because i couldnt hit the ball long enough to make the fairway. i hope they fix this soon because all the fun is gone!!

• twisterback
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:28 PM

Yes, it is a bit frustrating that I have been playing for less than 2 weeks now and have advanced to the Master Tier.   I'm not complaining that I have played good, but to advance that fast and not have clubs...which I have purchased the longest driver...both of them, and still not hardly be able to reach some greens doesn't make sense.   Also, kind of hard to compete with people who have an average score of 60, which is ridiculous and scandulous and should be dealt with.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:39 PM

dacsyr1:
    Should it realy be necesary to purchase new clubs to play this game?

I *think* I remember Alex saying a while ago that there would be more than one free set of free available.  Don't quote me on that though, because I can't find it now. 

We do know that they are currently looking into ways to make some clubs available only to certain tier levels.  With that being said it might lead one to conclude that eventually there may be another free club set  that only Pro tier and higher players can use or something like that.

This is all speculation of course.  We'll have to wait and see I guess.

RSS