Forums

Help › Forums

Tracking down disconnects/crashes

Sun, Sep 10 2023 6:38 PM (475 replies)
  • Rioexxo
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jul 16 2014 8:24 PM

I think it's a flash/script/xp issue...
    This has happened many time with my roomate and I and we are in the same LAN.
    We payed for a 60 credit
    18 hole
    MP game. It failed on hole 2.
    same as ever... It said I timed out. I was hosting.

I read you request to send Info...

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
    Your Flash Version
    Your browser name
    Firefox
    Your Operating System (OS)
    Windows (XP)

As I type this My roomate lost connection

SP teeing off on hole 4,

We're sorry, There was an error with the game
    Please close the game and try again later

Thanks WGT

Got any suggestions?
    How about our credits??
    P.S.  WE REALLY LIKE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Both of us have spent RW $ on it.

Thank yor for your attention,Regards

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 6:22 AM

WGTadmin2:

NOTE:

last night we applied a fix to the alt-shot lobby disconnect and reconnect logic - please let me know if it is better or worse.

Also we made a fix to the match play end of game logic

Did not help at all. My A/S match was prevented from continuing on the 3rd extra hole. An opponent had lag problems, he reset his game client, game went on. He reset a 2nd time at the 3rd extra hole & when we were all back at the page with the Tee Off button. I click on the Tee Off button & it greys out, then nothing. I wait 15/20 seconds & reset game client, same thing happens. I guess at this point my partner does a reset, game over we lost because of to many disco's.

I sent in a bug report showing the Tee Off button greyed out.

Would you please fix this problem, it's been going on for months. No matter what browser is used. I don't know anyone who has not seen this problem in A/S.

Win 7, Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m for client, Adobe flash 14.0.0.145, Pepperflash disabled

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 11:20 AM

WillyBigg:
    Win 7, Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m for client, Adobe flash 14.0.0.145, Pepperflash disabled

Same

2nd extra hole PH a real close fun game just cancels.  The extra holes really seem very unstable.  No more multi play for me for a good while.  Burning balls for that pffft

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:37 PM

thanks for the reports we are looking into these and will be contacting you for more details

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 1:12 PM

This is the last A/S game that I have been able to complete

April 18, 2014

If you have any specific questions, fire away. How about we set up an A/S with some of your tech people. I'd be glad to participate. If we make it go 3 or 4 extra holes, I guarantee we will be locked out from completing.

What's odd is it always starts with one of the opponents getting lag (spinning circle beside his name). No one wants to wait for the server to correct it's self, so they restart the game client. Usually after the second time one of the opponents resets his game client is when the lockout happens. When all players are back, ready to resume & I click the Tee Off button it greys out & nothing happens.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jul 17 2014 10:48 PM

Alt is currently a complete mess, constant disconnects and game client refreshing on its own...unplayable as it stands now.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Jul 18 2014 1:23 AM

mkg335:

Alt is currently a complete mess, constant disconnects and game client refreshing on its own...unplayable as it stands now.

Sadly Alt is a complete mess and has been for months - some days are OK, most however are not.

Then to see comments from Mods saying, "thanks for bringing this to our attention" is just insulting our intelligence. I really do not what rocks the mods have been living under but perhaps you really need to get out a little bit more!

I am really sick and tired of wasted ball use by being tossed out of games because of the numbnuts programmers incompetence.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:49 AM

I don't know if any or how many players on WGT ever play Urban Terror but if you do you will notice there are some exact similarities to how the games play at times.

If you take notice of them you'll see that it's simply a symptom of using the same type of MP infrastructure.

Everything from lag to 999/disconnects. It's not your computer, and it's not your connection (well most of the time) It's the game and sheer number of accounts active and connecting.

There isn't really much they can do from what I can see, tweaking code to handle network and routing differently really won't do much unless they invest huge amounts of money into hardware and bandwidth.

I know no one wants to acknowledge it but cheat engine is being used, probably by more and more players. Using a program to interfere with and manipulate data which is sent back and forth to the server via your client when playing is gonna cause issues like you're seeing now. The more people doing it, the more issues.

Anyone ever play CS Source when you had players on using lag switches? Brutal at times.

Cheats or Hax will nail the connection to servers in games using this model. It's not hard to figure it out.

Not to say that in your foursome in AS someone is cheating, it's saying that connected to the various servers which are used there are probably cheaters playing in combination with the sheer numbers of players these days on at once it just creates a bad playing environment.

• rogergjones
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 9:13 PM

It seems almost nightly that a game will freeze and dump me out or disconnect after I have played 6 or 7 holes.  Tonight I was in a BLITZ and it disconnected the 3 other players. It just left me hanging.  The sad part is that some of us have paid good money for certain balls and we waste all these shots using those balls and we cant get them back or get credit back for using up shots on a ball from a game that never finishes. Something bad wrong out here on the courses and it needs to get fixed.  No one seems to offer any kind of suggestions or help. I wonder if the sponsors and advertisers that pay good money to WGT realize just how bad the Customer Service support is on here?   I for one am not buying any more balls or equipment on here until I know I can compete a whole round..

Roger Jones

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 10:07 AM

rogergjones:

It seems almost nightly that a game will freeze and dump me out or disconnect after I have played 6 or 7 holes.  Tonight I was in a BLITZ and it disconnected the 3 other players. It just left me hanging.  The sad part is that some of us have paid good money for certain balls and we waste all these shots using those balls and we cant get them back or get credit back for using up shots on a ball from a game that never finishes. Something bad wrong out here on the courses and it needs to get fixed.  No one seems to offer any kind of suggestions or help. I wonder if the sponsors and advertisers that pay good money to WGT realize just how bad the Customer Service support is on here?   I for one am not buying any more balls or equipment on here until I know I can compete a whole round..

Roger Jones

Have you contacted the Customer Support team when you've experienced a disconnect? If you recently encountered a problem I highly recommend contacting them about it. You can contact them about strange instances as well such as shots that appear off visually or specific crashes. Providing replays and screenshots of these things help with the assistance as well.

RSS