Forums

Help › Forums

is there anyone left that don't quit

Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM (179 replies)
  • Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 7:13 PM

Challenges are fine if you happen to be good enough to play them and win (at least as much as you lose). However for the average golfers out there, including me, who want to play a round without someone quitting they are probably too expensive. There must be another way.

At this stage, for me, the most satisfactory is the ladders group. I can't speak for the other sites that offer similar experiences. I do occasionally try for a random game with some strangers but find that 90% of the time I have to finish the round by myself. 

To date I've never quit a game voluntarily, even if my playing really sucks. I've put up with slow play from others and even total silence. I'm quite happy to play with very new players and find it rewarding to be able to give them some tips and help. 

Cheers

Gregg

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 8:14 PM

my avg keeps going the wrong way with the clubs i have   now  could be because  i mainly play Oakmont      i have the  i15 driver  i don't find the meter  all that much faster than  my old g15  driver     even with the tour sd balls  i still can't hold the greens  and they have the most spin of any ball  from over 180 unless i have a heavy wind in my face  i'm just figuring if i can come in higher  i might have a better chance at stopping them   i don't know since i was forced to master tier  my game has gone down the toilet i'm just looking for something that will turn my game around any  suggestions will help i'm not fussy on the idea  of  having to pay that kind of price for the clubs   and getting next to nothing  for a trade in on  the g15's  but  i don't know what else i can do  to turn my game around and be competative at master level   i'm tired of being in the 4 and 500's  in the tourneys

Play Well Have Fun

Dave

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 8:35 PM

Greggatshack:
    To date I've never quit a game voluntarily, even if my playing really sucks. I've put up with slow play from others and even total silence. I'm quite happy to play with very new players and find it rewarding to be able to give them some tips and help. 

I'm with you  in fact i enjoy playing with new players   besides seeing them   start to get the hang of the game while  they ask me for tips  and they usually  don't quit  . i've never quit on a match either  in multiplayer unless the game crashes  when alone and in unlimited play  no point  continueing when yer not gonna beat a previously posted score

as far as the challenges  my game is   nowhere near good enough for that  and way too many sandbaggers  in there . i was  playing  one  i figured the guy had a higher avg than me   and a lower tier  .i was playing very well    he cleaned  my clock   . and that had happened on a few occasions  i don't bother   with that mess anymore  i'm not gonna give my credits away to cheaters .

have fun  play well

Dave

• philqwertyuiop
    19 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 8:44 PM

yeah i can actually relate to that dave. I started december last year and up untill 3 months ago i decided to prove myself to justify buying anything, well i did that and got better and better judgingball onto green speeds etc..and after awhile i was very confident about everything and made it to master level buying nothing, well that lasted a week or to and then i just knew i had to buy becos of the ever increacing distance from the tee.Yes now i own some decent clubs now but only after i got DOWN MY BASICS .i am at legend status now.BUT I WILL TELL YOU  it has been not easy although i am a good wgt golfer(60 av). yes you are correct the higher loft club you can get the better, becos it will stop sooner.my latest thing is not puting to much backspin on my ball becos when i first started i often would get eagles eg ball rolling into the cup from just using(as my policy) the standard ball, i still use it from time to time, and when if i do buy balls i make sure its a spinny one not dist. cheers,phil

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 10:46 PM

HEY YO ISOLATER IM REAL HAPPY FOR YOU AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT FATERSON HAD THE BEST QUITTING THREAD OF ALL TIME.  OF ALL TIME.

• philqwertyuiop
    19 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:27 PM

hey    um chill man yeah i got your point i hate it when people quit on me unfortunatly that's the go, 95% of people do it i don't do it so chill on me , but yeah i was piss off to but oh what do you mean isolator? is that an insault haha

• Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 3:43 AM

I've just had a radical thought.

In this day and age we are not supposed to give our grandchildren a clip over the ear when they misbehave. We are instead supposed to find ways to reinforce their good behaviour while ignoring their bad.

How about if WGT were to reward players who putt out in a round of golf by giving them maybe 10 credits for everyone else who putted out in the same round. Eg if only 2 people putt out they get 10cr each. If 3 putt out they all get 20 each and if 4 putt out they all get 30 plus a bonus of 20. That way people are being encouraged to finish out their rounds and it may even just about pay for the golf ball they used up during it. 

Cheers

Gregg

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 4:36 AM

3 disconnects yesterday and one today. I had a putt to go -3 on the 9th at Kiawah and it all froze up.

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:42 AM

philqwertyuiop:
    yes you are correct the higher loft club you can get the better, becos it will stop sooner.my latest thing is not puting to much backspin on my ball becos when i first started i often would get eagles eg ball rolling into the cup from just using(as my policy) the standard ball, i still use it from time to time, and when if i do buy balls i make sure its a spinny one not dist. cheers,phil

i understand that Phil about letting the ball roll up that works great at ST Andrews  and Kaiwah  but alot of hole at Oakmont and Bethpage the 2 courses i play the most  because they are  so challenging  a lot of the holes you can't roll  up to  you have no choice but to play a hit and stick shot. and yes  i use the standard ball as well  now it was getting too expensive buying the   good balls  

Play Well Have Fun

Thx

Dave

• isolater
    426 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:58 AM

strokes11:
    HEY YO ISOLATER IM REAL HAPPY FOR YOU AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT FATERSON HAD THE BEST QUITTING THREAD OF ALL TIME.  OF ALL TIME.

I'm sorry Strokes  i haven't had the  opportunity  to read his  post   if you could  forward  me the link to it  i would  be happy to read it  and  and  put this thread   to rest  as it has gone way off topic  the whole reason of this post was  i just  vented  my frustration about quitters because  one ruined the best round  i was ever having on this game and the quitting has gotten 10 times worse since the new tier system . i just want to play the  game and have fun  not play 3 holes and start all over  again if  the game even makes it to 3 holes   i've had many game  where i never even got to tee off on the first hole  cause the person i was playing  quit  cause they didn't like their tee shot  is just  frustrating   and  the fun is being sucked out of this game 

this thread was more  to get suggestions    as a group  (people sick of quitters)  to come up with  ideas  to submit to wgt  to help get rid of the prob   i still like my idea  of having two  modes of play  in multiplayer   a competative side  where everything stays status quoe  and a fun side where people  that just want to play for the fun of it can play  and not worry about their scores affecting their avg  basically like practice is now  with the exception  that your tier  determines the tees and green speeds just for the simple fact   i'm a master   if i play a hack or amature  or any lower tier they are forced  to play under master conditions or what ever course conditions the person that creates the game sets up  personally i like the toughest conditions i can get.  which isn't very fair to them. you will still earn level points  as you do now  everything remains the same as now  except your scores don't count against you avg   it will just be a fun game between people that just want to play the game .

Play Well Have Fun

Dave

RSS