Forums

Help › Forums

Upcoming Changes...and Thank You!

Fri, Feb 11 2011 2:20 AM (215 replies)
  • UniBooboo
    42 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 4:54 PM

diablogolf:

I'm new with WGT. I enjoy it except for the fact that while I'm perfecting my game it gets somewhat boring to beable to just play four courses as stroke play. Why not open them all up to stroke play??

There are a couple of reasons.  First its a massive undertaking to make a course. Several hundred thousand pics have to be taken from every possible location you might hit the ball.  Every inch of the course must be scanned both by helicopter and ground level methods.  This is very labor intensive and very expensive, much more so than animating one. Second its quite possible that one or more of the courses could be under contract with other game makers such as EA sports for the right to do include them in their game only.  Third I think WGT is  looking to courses where major tourneys are being played ( so they can do a equivalent virtual tourney ) rather then go back and complete ones like Wolf Creek or Edgewood Tahoe.  Personally I would love it if they did they are both gorgeous courses, but I understand why they wouldn't. 

Since WGT is much more a simulator than a computer game the four current courses should take you quite a while to master - Practice, Practice .......

All that being said when I first started ( there were only two ) I too started feeling the same as you but I found new life and enjoyment by joining games with random people, not playing for money ( although that can add a whole different aspect ) but just to meet new people and see how other people play the courses.  

Unibooboo

P.S.

here is a couple of videos  with Chad Nelson &  YuChiang Cheng that are pretty interesting about how they put the courses together..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oje9ciQHrto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JmwxDFZknw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• StevieD01
    29 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 8:30 PM

I WAS SERIOUSLY THINKING... ABOUT QUITTING, TONIGHT!

I have been playing for over 3 years.

BETHPAGE BLACK... I CAN PLAY.

I'm usually around Par...

THEN YOU GO WACKO!!!

I have the clubs...I have the balls...

I have the talent.

IT DON'T WORK!!!

I'll give you a few more weeks.

WE SHALL SEE!!!

Stevie D/allards01

• HackerBruce
    22 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2010 4:27 PM

Build the courses & they will Come.

Wont be spending anything till we get some more courses. Off to tigerwoods till u get your act together.

Cheers

Happy New Year to you all.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2010 8:11 PM

StevieD01:

I WAS SERIOUSLY THINKING... ABOUT QUITTING, TONIGHT!

I have been playing for over 3 years.

BETHPAGE BLACK... I CAN PLAY.

I'm usually around Par...

THEN YOU GO WACKO!!!

I have the clubs...I have the balls...

I have the talent.

IT DON'T WORK!!!

I'll give you a few more weeks.

WE SHALL SEE!!!

Stevie D/allards01

something doesn't add up here.   You have been playing for 3 years, you joined in 2009.   

Around par at Bethpage would leave you where you are.  Tour Pro.

Your clubs are debatable.  Still have starter driver and wedges.  And I will leave the talent comment alone.  Although the 7 hole in ones is quite impressive!

Cheers,

b0gey

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2010 9:52 PM

b0geybuster:

Although the 7 hole in ones is quite impressive!

Cheers,

That one got me too BB.. perhaps the op just got some of those "frustration blues"

You and I never got them have we?...;D 

• royraven1
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:13 AM

I want to thank WGT for hours of enjoyable fun and good theraphy for my MS.

I feel like I still play golf and enjoy the feel of competition. You guys and gals at the company have been wonderful and responsive to my needs and to many others also.

I hope you all at WGT are blessed because you surely deserve to be.

Thank you again so much and I will continue to tell all about you.

royraven1

• phalanx1001
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:21 AM

hi, first let me say what a brilliant game this is, well done, point of fact.....on the alternate format, great game, but continuously ruined for those looking for a game to the finish by those who quit during play, can i suggest, that they lose points or those that stay gain points.

thanks

• christomento
    31 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 3:31 PM

Time for an update.  It's been a month since the last one

• Neil110772
    287 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 6:28 PM

I can agree with some of what everybody has said on this post.

Firstly, this is a great game alot better and enjoyable than tigerwoodsonline however I do think the updates and courses are way too infrequent.

I hear what you say about labour intensive but how come tigerwoods can do updates every week and release a new course every 3/4 months??? They've got about 20 courses now for full play. It is quite boring having only 4 courses for full play on here but playing with different people keeps the interest going.

The major problems on here is the bad meter jumps that ruin your game and the continuous disconnections, in the last week Ive been disconnected from wgt 4 times during games and its not my connection at fault as I can connect to another web sites no problem and yes I do clear the cache etc.

Also 1 for the wgt admins, how about a chat system where you can chat with others online/on course not just with whom you are playing with? It would be a good addition to the game and give it a more community feel?

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 4:29 AM

Neill,

Let's not forget .. Tiger Woods Online had the entire EA Sports Gaming Network behind them.  They have been around putting out Video games for decades.   They dominate the video game market including Madden Football, FIFA socccer etc. etc.  (check their website)  They have the money and a staff of thousands to throw at their on-line games.   They can pay to buy the rights to courses and put the programming support needed to complete them.

WGT started a few years ago, is still using Venture Capital funding, has a handful of full time employees and another handful of contract employees.   They don't have a staff of thousands to do updates ... and when they publish a course .. it looks like the course. 

I don't know about you but as a golfer (not a gamer) when I play these 4 courses .. I get the feeling I'm playing golf ... when I tried TW .. i felt like i was playing a video game with my kids. 

Just my opinion.

RSS