• PAGES
  • mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 4:09 AM

For someone that has slow relexes.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:35 AM

All the Max equipment has the slowest meter if thats what is required.

But unfortunately, not the greatest attributes, though they are good and also quite expensive.

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 6:09 AM

mathia14:
    For someone that has slow relexes.

My hand-eye coordination is not what it was 40 years ago either but unfortunately it's a Business for profit only and it doesn't matter if you're handicapped, a low income Pensioner or slow reflexes etc.  You have to PAY $ to improve.  But there are probably exceptions depending on Who you are and Who you know, just like everything else in life?

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 7:19 AM

You kind of have two options, both of which will be expensive as the others have said.

1. You can buy all the MAX Meter clubs.  They carry the slowest meter. The downsides are, for the complete set including 3 wedges, the least you will pay is around 10430 credits. That is also if you wait until you can buy the full set at a discount and sell off the hybrid. If you don't sell off the hybrid its about 250 more. I think the 3 wedge system is the way to go. 

If you buy the clubs individually as they become available, not including the hybrid and doing three wedges, then you will pay around 11270 credits for the whole set.

The other downside to this is, if I remember correctly, you are only at L90.  Almost all of that equipment is not even available to you yet. Driver 91, 3wd 92, hybrid 93, irons 94, set with woods and irons 95. You can get two of the wedges right now and that's it. 90-94 can be along road if you don't play a lot

The upside to this is the clubs will slow the meter for you so you can probably get away with using a cheaper ball, which will save you on your recurring ball cost fee.

2. The Max set has a 4.5 meter, the slowest. Instead of buying those you could find some clubs with a 4.0 meter or maybe even a 3.5. Some examples might be the SLDR driver, the BB 3wd, the nike VForged L85 irons.

You then could opt to buy the Max slow meter ball at 600 a sleeve. With this scenario you will probably pay less for the equipment overall and you can find very good equipment that is available to you right now.

The downside is you would have to drop 600 credits for every sleeve of balls, because the ball will be the item slowing the meter down for you. If you play a lot, you may find this scenario to be more expensive in the long run then the other one.

Hope this helps and good luck!

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 8:31 AM

I have 2 Max wedges.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 11:07 AM

The idea is to dump the hybrid and set a third wedge in that spot. It should be chosen to create an equidistant set with the PW as the longest.

Alas, for a Tour Pro this may be not too important, take possible changes of the irons into account.

What about the G20 (lvl59) irons that you have? If you're happy with them, a G20 set, perhaps from lvl 83, may be a solution. If not, a lower MAX set may be sufficient and cheaper for you than the top MAX which are a long way to go. Save credits for Legend tier - level 94 is 364,000 XPs from level 91.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 11:40 AM

You have the max spin wedges tho. The Max line is seperated into a few categories. MAX spin, precision, and meter, with a control in the putters.

The idea behind it, I believe, is that you get the MAX attributes in the given category. So the MAX Spin will have a high rating in the spin department. They are good wedges for that.  The wedges I was talking about were MAX Meter wedges, which will have the slowest meter.

Basically for slowing the meter down you have to look at the feel attribute of the equipment you buy. Slowing meter should help you ding more if you are having trouble with hitting the ding.

If you combine high feel clubs with high feel balls it slows it even more.

I shudder to think how slow the meter would be if you used MAX Meter clubs with MAX Meter balls.

Just remember, feel tends to be the most expensive attribute on here, so getting stuff with high feel tends to drive the price up. In some cases, you also lose out in other areas like precision, forgiveness, or spin to get that feel

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 4:42 PM

I get lost with all that.  I don't understand what they all mean.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 4:59 PM

I kind of thought that might be the case, which is the reason i was trying to explain it. No need in buying gear that isn't going to suit your needs and just frustrated you. Guess I am not presenting it in a way that is easy for you to understand.

Clubs have Precision, Forgiveness, Feel, and Spin, along with trajectory.

Precision: The higher the number the more precise the club is, with 5 being the highest presently. Meaning if you hit the ding, wih a higher number, the closer, in theroy you will get to the hole, assuming you have takin into account wind and elevation correctly, as well as spin

Forgiveness:  The higher the number the more forgiving. Meaning, if you miss the ding line excellent on your swing, the higher the forgiveness, the more likelihood of the ball still going where you intended it to go

Meter: The higher the number the slower the meter is.  Nothing more needing to be said. I think based on your OP, this is the area of most importance to you, so you can hit the ding line and create the shots you intend

Spin: the higher the number the more spin the club puts on the ball. meaning the clubs have more stopping power. They give you the ability to hit the shot and get it to stop where you want it on the fly or maybe even back up. You have less roll and and a tad more control of where your shot ends up

Balls also have attributes. There is Distance, Spin, Feel, and Durability

Distance: The higher the number the more extra distance using that ball will give you

Spin: Like the clubs, the higher the number, the more spin the ball has, giving  you more stopping power and more control over where your shots end up

Feel: Same as the clubs, higher the number the slower it will make the meter

Durability: How long each ball will last you, the higher the number the longer it lasts. With purchased balls, unlike the "rock" or starter, they have an limited life span, kind of like real golf. You only get so many hits with them. This number sort of determines how long each ball will last for you.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sat, Mar 29 2014 5:12 PM

mathia14:

I get lost with all that.  I don't understand what they all mean.

In the light of all this, which are your questions?

@sweet: Different view, same observation ;)

• PAGES
RSS