Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Tue, Jun 22 2021 7:24 PM (296 replies)
  • abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Thu, Dec 21 2017 9:24 AM

tekoma....genious.....i use beginners putter....i always struggled with 10 ft putts breaking.....reading the putt ....your system of vertex and finding the line by being into the corner of a grid is awsome......also using the putter handle angle is great......thx for all the videos.....hope your personal health issues are better bless you man

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Dec 21 2017 11:05 AM

Another thing that works very very well is timing the 1st dot in front of the putter to the last dot before the cup...(he explains it in the 2nd video I believe)

Even though I don't use Teks system much anymore, I still have putts that just don't look right when I figure the break, and that 1st dot last dot technique is usually spot on...and as you said the putter shaft line is a great  too(don't forget you can also go into chip mode and line up with the wedge shaft on bigger breaks)

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Thu, Dec 21 2017 11:38 AM

yeah i havent tried the 2 dots technique yet but i will....all of his study and finding these simple ways to see the breakline have to be applauded.......his efforts to help others just says alot about him.....thank you tek.....wherever you are i hope your happy god bless

• ThomasUnderPar
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 12:33 PM

My comments in response to Tekoma's great "Putting Techniques" may not post as all of the threads were from over 6 years ago (2014).  My most profound observation is that while I am playing WGT on my MacBookPro running HighSierra 10.3 --- that none of the putting interface tools he shows are in my game.  Especially the icons above the putting stroke.

What has changed, or am I just of of luck playing in my current platform

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Thu, Apr 2 2020 5:34 PM

ThomasUnderPar:
    My most profound observation is that while I am playing WGT on my MacBookPro running HighSierra 10.3 --- that none of the putting interface tools he shows are in my game.  Especially the icons above the putting stroke.

That could be . I don't know about Mac's . But I can tell you that the dozen or so techniques that Tek describes in ver . 1 & 2 .

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1igync_tekoma-s-putting-techniques-vol-1_videogames

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.2

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1leatk_tekoma-s-putting-techniques-vol-2_videogames

Are his own observations and creations . Over time you , anyone can utilize and blend some of those . With some of your own observations relative to your own putters , etc .

I also suggest visiting the forum Country Club Corner.

Where there are 100's of CC's with dozens of GR8 players in each one . All anxious and knowledgeable and happy to help and discuss and play with you . Giving you the most valuable access to the greatest key to success here . The WGT CC experience .

Edit: fix the links .

• COBRAMAN5
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 3:33 PM

'''''  I have on many occasions using mulligans...made a putt on the second attempt after using the exact same break and speed hitting the ding each time."""

HEATH 021 IS CORRECT ON THIS. THIS BRINGS A QUESTION TO THE VALIDITY OF WGT PRACTICE MODE PUTTING.

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2021 7:24 PM

COBRAMAN5:
    '''''  I have on many occasions using mulligans...made a putt on the second attempt after using the exact same break and speed hitting the ding each time."""

This has been one of my most common questions throughout these putting threads . Why does a putt go in on one hole ? And not go in in what appears to be the exact same set up that was successful , on another hole ?

I do not feel that it questions the validity of

COBRAMAN5:
    WGT PRACTICE MODE PUTTING.

That is not enough of an answer . I believe there are some that could answer that question . They though will probably never see the question .

RSS