Forums

Help › Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:27 AM

Well done Tekoma. It's great to see somebody spending a lot of their time just to help others.

• raycin1019
    377 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:41 AM

very nice.... i sure hope it helps me

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:50 AM

Great video Tekoma,  

I'm at work and didn't get to watch it with 100% concentration, too busy alt+tabbing when someone walked around, but here is a quick trial with the L96 putter by using one of the methods I seen in your video.

This replay shows a lucky back door drop, but only due to hitting the putt a bit too firm.  Had I got the speed correct , or maybe dinged it ( missed a touch late on dinger), it wouldn't have needed the luck as much.  :)

back door putt on Oakmont

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:52 AM

You make it look easy Tekoma,

Good video and a great learning tool.

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:56 AM

Very nice video.

However, usually when a person offers "tips", ms fish usually checks the advice givers stats, I notice she has not done that on this occassion? Probably because you're a member at her cc.

Based on that, Your 1 putt % of 45% tells me you shouldnt be offering putting advice.

Now, from my personal perspective, you only dinged 2 putts in the video and missed by varying degrees for most of the others, my question is this, would you have holed them if you dinged the putts? I think not.

What this video HAS done, is give me food for thought and for that I say thank you.

I mean no offence, this is merely my "Stuck up Tour Legend" opinion.

Peace,

Liz

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:10 AM

Yes the video was awesome and i commend any player that is willing to post video's trying to help other players. You don't find many that will do that so ty for that. But must agree fish would of tore someone a new rectum if you were not part of her cc seen her do it many of times and none of those putts would have fell if it were not for missing ding which is a bonus using rossa putter cause IMO it was built just for that. Maybe a little reasoning to why you missed the ding by how much you did would benefit players more.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:33 AM

Agree with both posters regarding the missing the ding. Impressive video and thanks for the tips, they will definitely help some people

However, I am a ding putter and i tried a couple fo your techniques and tho they did work on a few putts, it was terribly off on some others, so not enough of an improvement to use them without a lot of additional practice and research.

Also curious as to how you decide what technique you use and how you come up with some of the numbers. On One putt you moved the pointer over 2 boxes and back 1.  How does one know to do that. On another a occasion you said this put is .75 boxes so Il will double it to 1.5. Why? How do you come up with those. The ball centering and pin centering are pretty self explanatory, but the others were confusing to me

RSS