Forums

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 2 2020 5:34 PM (294 replies)
  • pdb1
    20,666 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 5:57 PM

hotrod78:
    happy playing buddy 

You too man . I forgot to post LOL . At the end of my post . I find if I leave that off I am taken too seriously . Lol . 

Paul

• biggunky
    155 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 2:07 AM

Great videos of a guy sinking putts, was a waste of time watching it tho. He fails to explain in words what he is trying to do. I guess ill just go back to poking and hoping. Very disappointing for a so-called instructional video.

• pdb1
    20,666 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:02 AM

biggunky:
    so-called instructional video

Tekoma was one of the premiere WGT golfers and putters . And never claimed to be a good teacher .   But what is amazing about Tekoma is his genius . Not only to have perfected and refined the available techniques . But to create a dozen more that enabled him to putt from anywhere . With a very good chance of making the putt . He shared many of those with us . Which he didn't have to do . 

Bigggunky is not the first to say he had trouble deciphering the language known only to Tekoma . 

pdb1 wrote the following post at Wed, May 7 2014 8:52 PM:

from the post : Rosetta Stone for Tekoma 

pdb1:
    Is there a tutorial written in laymans terms or narrated by a human that is more comprehensive for the nearly advanced legends ,not physisists that we regular golfers can understand?

I ordered my Rosetta Stone for Tekoma back then . Still trying to contact the publishers . 

• PhilEStein
    1,187 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:06 AM

In complete agreement with you Greg. It's one thing knowing finite detail about something but being able to communicate that knowledge to others, something entirely different. Shame, because I believe in this instance it would have been very beneficial for many.

• pdb1
    20,666 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:07 AM

biggunky:
    was a waste of time watching it

Wouldn't want to waste anytime here in WGT . Might be addicting . And could possibly become an accepted practice . 

• pdb1
    20,666 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:19 AM

PhilEStein:
    It's one thing knowing finite detail about something but being able to communicate that knowledge to others, something entirely different. Shame, because I believe in this instance it would have been very beneficial for many.

Yes . And the same goes for many of our well intentioned amateur tutoralists . Lol . One who practices tutorialism . 

Props for their efforts . 

Here's an example 

" As you can see the dots would suggest that one move the aimer 3/4 ths of the grid . As such . Oops . Obviously it was actually closer 5/8ths ." " Now moving on I will demonstrate the very difficult art of the downhill putt . "

• biggunky
    155 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 6:05 AM

All I am saying is that a little more explanation of what is going on in the video would really be helpful. A mouse pointer going around in a circle is fine, but why is the mouse being circled in that particular spot. I am not a mind reader, so difficult to grasp what he was trying to show in the video.

• Signet7
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 10:31 AM

Tekoma:

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol. 1

Just started with WGT less than 2 weeks ago, and was really excited to see this thread and videos. But I'm starting off a bit confused, starting with Centering the Ball:

I understand (I think) the benefit of centering the grid on the ball, and see that it can be done using Chip then Putt swing selection as in the video, or unlocking the grid (possibly newer version of WGT?). But then you have to move your aiming point, which either moves the grid away from the ball, or if unlocked, the grid leaves the ball as done previously. So, if the grid doesn't stay at the ball, I would think for the purpose of more easily estimating distance from hole to aiming point, what is the purpose of centering it?

Man, I feel so stupid, and am thrilled that this has helped so many, but none of it makes sense to me. Using the Vertex grid line seems like it's using intersections in the last grid line, but which one? What does aiming from the tip of the shoe do? Since I don't understand centering the ball, I don't understand centering the hole. Darn, I so wanted to use this to help me.

• fatdan
    3,378 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:48 PM
  • pdb1
    20,666 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 6:02 PM

Signet7:
    Man, I feel so stupid, and am thrilled that this has helped so many, but none of it makes sense to me.

Please do not feel alone . Not only am I joking above . But I am also telling the truth . That was 4 years ago when myself and others reported having trouble deciphering his dialogue .

His Techniques came so easy to him . Not so much for the general average golfer . Which is what 99 % of us are . 

You have barely just begun . In a couple thousand more rounds . You will probably have your own technique . 

Paul

RSS