Forums

Help › Forums

I Must be an idiot, but do you add smeone as a friend?

Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:41 AM (8 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2010 6:35 PM

I just can't get it figured out....

Thanks

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:39 AM

Yeah, this information seems to be missing on the FAQ page,  although it is a recurring question here in the forums. Plus, when you click the My Profile & Community heading on the FAQ page, it's currently a dead link leading nowhere.

To add someone as a friend, visit their profile page and click the Add As Friend button. To add someone as a friend while you're in the midst of your round, click their name in the top-left corner of the screen; their player card will pop up, including the Add As Friend button.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:15 AM

Faterson:
    Plus, when you click the My Profile & Community heading on the FAQ page, it's currently a dead link leading nowhere.

They simply did not include the category heading in their html, thus, nothing to link to. There are others (tournaments:proshop) on the same page that not linked correctly. The sub-categories are working properly, however.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:22 AM

It's a dead link, period. There must be no dead links on any webpages, period. If it's just a category heading without pointing to anything, it shouldn't appear as a clickable link.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:52 AM

It's not a dead link - if you look at your information bar when you hover over it, you will see the exact url that is is linked to. It takes you right back where you were. Poor programming, yes - dead link; nope.

It should have a category heading to point to, but they obviously chose not to include a header there and didn't remove the link when making the choice. Instead, they linked back to the same document. It too is a simple fix, but I'm guessing wgt has better things to spend their time on right now.

A dead link takes you no where, these take you somewhere, like THIS!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:16 AM

It's a textbook example of a dead link because the link points to an anchor named #profile, but there's no such anchor on the page, therefore it's a dead link. Case closed.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:46 AM

Faterson:

Yeah, this information seems to be missing on the FAQ page,  although it is a recurring question here in the forums. Plus, when you click the My Profile & Community heading on the FAQ page, it's currently a dead link leading nowhere.

To add someone as a friend, visit their profile page and click the Add As Friend button. To add someone as a friend while you're in the midst of your round, click their name in the top-left corner of the screen; their player card will pop up, including the Add As Friend button.

Thanks, got it figured out.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:58 AM

Faterson:

It's a textbook example of a dead link because the link points to an anchor named #profile, but there's no such anchor on the page, therefore it's a dead link. Case closed.

It's not a dead link, It's a Norwegian Blue link!

The Yak

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:41 AM

Faterson:

If it were a dead link, you'd get a page not found error. The link works, it simply isn't linked properly.....

Probably just a terminology thingy, these things are sometimes labeled differently outside of the states.

And now that the OP has gotten his situation corrected, we can finally leave this at that.......hopefully

RSS