Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Feb 12 2015 11:11 AM

Alan671:
    My average is 70.44 with 28 ranked rounds...........is it me????

The number of rounds are the minimum rounds in your current tier - i.e. the 20 rounds must be played as a Pro (and I am not sure on the numbers and can vary depending on MP wins ands challenges).

Edit. Due to the limitations in the system, it is best if you take a note of when you moved up a tier. The score history shows the last 200 games - but to reach say TL, you need to play 500 rounds as a minimum.

Also Par three and five courses do not count towards the minimum numbers (but will show as a ranked round) although the stats do count.

Double Edit: Congratulations - I see you made it to Tour Pro...enjoy

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 3:07 PM

Interesting discussion and not one for the math-challenged methinks.

I am a mid-level Legend and likely to remain so for the rest of my life I think but that's fine with me. I come at this game from the golfing perspective of just enjoying playing and hanging out with people, rather than the gamer perspective of beat all records and level up as quickly as possible.

Out of curiosity though, since I didn't note down how many ranked rounds I had completed when I went from TM to L, is there any way I can find out how many ranked rounds I still have left to complete before I reach saturation?

Thanks.

Nigel.

• LadyMandarin
    30 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 4:46 PM

Explain my situation then.

1 ranked round (36) and 1 match play game vs a Legend who quit on me. Didn't really have time for games with people before so I played with myself in practise mode.

I moved 2 tiers Ama to Tour Pro after buying some balls, 2 wedges and a putter. I have a friend who said if I bought a driver they would make me a Tour Legend lol

Elizabeth

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 7:11 PM

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 7:46 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Confused on this end as well Elizabeth. I would love to hear WGT's take on this one.

+1 Really odd. Did you transfer from playing via Facebook? Otherwise really strange.

And for Nigel - nope! Once 200 games (maximum) are recorded in your score history it is pure guess work. You will know when you hit it as an ordinary score will start dropping the average.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 8:23 PM

Wutpa:
    Out of curiosity though, since I didn't note down how many ranked rounds I had completed when I went from TM to L, is there any way I can find out how many ranked rounds I still have left to complete before I reach saturation?

Simple answer to that is .... No.

The only way you will know is when your Ave stops going up.

-Roger

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 8:50 PM

Wutpa:

It's not written down in the game, thus for curious minds it may be wise to note the "ranked rounds" number in their profile stats when tiering up to Tour Master, Legend and TL.

But there are a few options:

Most simple would be to wait for saturation, happily playing ranked rounds on courses of Par 60 - Par 80. You'd recognize it by a sudden severe tumbling of your average, even on mediocre rounds, even on rounds above the average. This is due to the highest rounds being kicked out of the calculation and lasts for a while, until the differences between highest and new scores shrink.

Furtheron you might take an intelligent guess. How many rounds do you play in average, per week? How long, how many weeks have you been Legend? Multiply the numbers for a rough estimation.

Third option includes some maths, and it works only for an unsaturated average (less than 500 Legend rounds)!

First, make notes of a series of 5? (10?) ranked strokeplay games that you play: Write down the date, the course's name, your average before AND after and the score played (plain strokes!) It helps to have some extreme scores, 5 shots below or 5 shots above your average. 9 hole rounds are o.k. (double the scores).

Second, check in your score history that you didn't forget any games, and cross out all Par3 and Par5 games.

Then, create a spreadsheet table to calculate the evolving average in cascading the games you wrote down and using a variable as the initial number of games in the denominator. Compare the calculated outcome with the numbers you wrote down (observe rounding differences!).

You should end up with a very good guess!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 9:04 PM

LadyMandarin:
    Explain my situation then.

1 ranked round (36) and 1 match play game vs a Legend who quit on me. Didn't really have time for games with people before so I played with myself in practise mode.

I moved 2 tiers Ama to Tour Pro after buying some balls, 2 wedges and a putter. I have a friend who said if I bought a driver they would make me a Tour Legend lol

Elizabeth

Very extraordinary indeed, but the company won't explain it, being part of their secret anti-sandbagging strategy.

I'm 100% convinced that Pro Shop purchases do not modify the average, it might be a question of display or of attention. For any other guess, a detailled display of the sequence of action and game's reaction would be a premise (but perhaps not enough sufficient).

(edited)

• LadyMandarin
    30 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 11:01 PM

alanti:

TopShelf2010:
    Confused on this end as well Elizabeth. I would love to hear WGT's take on this one.

+1 Really odd. Did you transfer from playing via Facebook? Otherwise really strange.

Not transferred. I play there currently. I kind of like it there as an app.

• LadyMandarin
    30 Posts
    Fri, Feb 13 2015 11:06 PM

Here is my activity if anyone cares

February 12, 2015
    • LadyMandarin purchased the NIKE 20XI-X Ball (L48+) in the Pro Shop.
    • LadyMandarin purchased the WGT Level-Up Boost (40-59) in the Pro Shop.
    • LadyMandarin moved up to the Tour Pro tier.
    • LadyMandarin purchased the WGT Level-Up Boost (40-59) in the Pro Shop.
    • LadyMandarin moved up to the Pro tier.
    • LadyMandarin purchased the TaylorMade ATV 64° Wedge (L39+) in the Pro Shop.
    • LadyMandarin purchased the PING Gorge 60° Wedge (L42+) in the Pro Shop.
    • LadyMandarin purchased the PING Anser 2 Putter (L44+) in the Pro Shop.
    • LadyMandarin has uploaded a new player photo.
    February 09, 2015
RSS