Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • Imbroglio
    26 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 11:28 AM

So, to clarify, between 2/9 and 2/12 you played no rounds on WGT, but just bought a bunch of merchandise...and got promoted, presumably, simply as a result of that?

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 11:48 AM

Lady Mandarin,

from the web platform here, we see only one game in November plus 20-30 friends added over time plus three tier-ups in two days. Nothing to explain the latter.

But,

(Facebook)

LadyMandarin:
    I play there currently. I kind of like it there as an app.

opens the options to games there which remain invisible here. Still, three tier-ups in quick succession are hard to explain, though certainly legal in WGT rules.

What did you play recently, say from Feb 1?

Did you win any matches against higher tiers? Any games with wagers?

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:07 PM

Thanks alanti, Mantis and alosso for the feedback. I guessed as much but thought I would ask brighter minds than mine anyway. I'll keep plugging away and it'll happen when it happens.

Thanks for the spreadsheet idea alosso....I'm intrigued enough to try it.

• LadyMandarin
    30 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:12 PM

The games you see is what I played. I played practise games. The matchplay game was a looooong time ago. I didn't "put out" so he quit.

Never played any wager games.

For those unaware 36 is actually +2 at Oly F9. Not exactly killing it, as they say.

Elizabeth

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:14 PM

LadyMandarin:
    I didn't "put out" so he quit.

Can't blame him for that! ;-)

• LadyMandarin
    30 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 12:21 PM

ZioMio:

LadyMandarin:
    I didn't "put out" so he quit.

Can't blame him for that! ;-)

I will take that as a compliment lol

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 1:01 PM

LadyMandarin:
    The matchplay game was a looooong time ago.

Yes, your matchplay record shows 1-0 against a Legend. This is the only - very remote and only potential - hint to a source of your advancement.

Other than that, I have no clue at all - the connections and, mainly, separations between the platforms, web, facebook and mobile or whatnots, seem to build up unsurpassable walls. My experience tells me that the company won't publish their secrets about it.

Anyway, Madame Mandarin, keep up the fun of the game and enjoy the beautiful courses!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 1:19 PM

Wutpa:
    Thanks alanti, Mantis and alosso for the feedback. I guessed as much but thought I would ask brighter minds than mine anyway. I'll keep plugging away and it'll happen when it happens.

Your welcome.

I regret not keeping track when I was promoted to each Tier.  It would have been fun looking back...lol

-Roger

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Feb 14 2015 2:15 PM

LadyMandarin:
    so I played with myself

• Briton
    38 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 12:44 AM

I played a single hole a couple of  days ago (double bogey :)  ) and my tier rose to Tour Pro.  No idea what could have triggered  that.

RSS