Forums

Help › Forums

Advancing to a new tier

Mon, Mar 25 2024 8:08 PM (319 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 7:43 AM

Only a coincidence IMHO.

There may have been a payout from a tournament invoking some calculation and pushing you up. Check your account tab for events.

• Briton
    38 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 9:52 AM

I guess it must be a coincidence but I can't see anything in my event list.  

• igh1969
    9 Posts
    Wed, May 18 2016 7:04 PM

Similar predicament.

I have an average of 65.6 and played 30 ranked rounds, but still a Tour Pro.

Am I missing something? How do I get to Master?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, May 19 2016 8:38 AM

You have 31 in total, but you need 25 as a Tour Pro (excluding Par3s / Par5s).

Enjoy the game now - Masters play the next tees (and the same vf greens)!

• ChiefNoBirdies
    85 Posts
    Mon, Jul 11 2016 5:29 AM

Excellent post Ron. Many thanks

• JGCatt65
    23 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2016 12:52 PM

I became a Legend in 6 months...careful what you wish for... it loses its appeal...fast...

• MBDingler
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 9:21 AM

my average is 78.3... I'm on level 70 and it says that I'm a Tour Pro??? Is there any consistency?

Also sometimes the graphics get jerky.. especially when I get ready to hit a shot.. causing me to mishit some shots... any advice

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 18 2016 10:16 AM

MBDingler:

my average is 78.3... I'm on level 70 and it says that I'm a Tour Pro??? Is there any consistency?

Also sometimes the graphics get jerky.. especially when I get ready to hit a shot.. causing me to mishit some shots... any advice

Level has no effect on tiering up, to go from TP to Master you need an average of 67 and have played 25 ranked rounds as a tour pro.

Or beat higher tier players in matchplay (not sure if this is still the case) or win RGs/tournaments.

Jerky graphics can be a number of things.

Clean flash and browser cachés, close browser completely (not just WGT tabs) after every 9 holes and also run CCleaner (free version) regularly.

• jessek12
    102 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 6:34 AM

JGCatt65:

I became a Legend in 6 months...careful what you wish for... it loses its appeal...fast...

Amen to that...if not for some red tee tourneys in my CC, my average would likely be at par or above (vs. low 60s at TM). Legend is...not fun

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2016 10:38 AM

jessek12:

JGCatt65:

Amen to that...if not for some red tee tourneys in my CC, my average would likely be at par or above (vs. low 60s at TM). Legend is...not fun

You have a 282 yd high trajectory driver and a nice bag of clubs, you are perfectly well equipped to play from the legend tees.

Legend is great fun once you come to terms with the fact that you have to re-learn the game. Something which will never happen if you play from the red tees.

Forget your average it's just a number, go out and accept the challenge of the back tees and become a better player for doing it.

Some people play to jump tiers and have impressively low averages, the short cuts are there within WGT for people who choose to use them.

You can spot them easy if you come across one in multiplay, they have no game!!

Whatever you choose try to enjoy yourself, after all it's a game...for fun.

RSS