Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 1:25 PM

Any sports fans out there care to ponder a guess as to whose birthday it is ... specifically the two I mentioned earlier?????

Come on ... if you follow MLB or the NFL, these two people should be well known to you.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 5:43 PM

DaddysKat:
    One played MLB baseball ... went by the name of "Hank" when he played.

He's got the same surname as a certain EP's middle name!

I know who it is but not after yer baws, Kat.

DaddysKat:
    The other played NFL football ... a QB, coached by "the man in the hat".  

Got him too...Same initials as a famous pop star with a rather large nose and a penchant for peroxide blondes.

Imagine lil ole moi knowing all this American Sport trivia without even using Google.

Aye..imagine it indeed.

:O)

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2014 6:04 PM

Sports Trivia answers:

Henry "Hank" Aaron is 80 today

Roger Staubach is 72.

And the trivia answer for the free sleeve of golf balls ... The adding machine, patented in 1850.

Thanks Wiger for your participation.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 7:57 AM

February 6

1665-1714  Anne Stuart, Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland

But then in 1707, the Acts of Union between England & Scotland formed the United Kingdom of Great Britain...still the Queen but was indeed the last Monarch of The House of Stuart...some descriptions? OK...fat, constantly pregnant, under the influence of favourites...not a fool but not wise, nor entertaining in conversation...very ignorant, very fearful, very little judgement and surrounded by many artful people...BUT BEHOLD! it is a wonderful chair.

1732-1782 General Charles Lee

Born in England, was a British soldier during the seven years war, also fought for Poland, returned to America to buy an estate in Virginia, became a General in the Continental Army with eyes for being its Commander in Chief (it went to George Washington, thank God), was captured by the infamous Banastre Tarleton, was released only to screw-up an important battle, was kicked out of the Army, then said "Cheerio"

1748-1830 Adam Weishaupt

Founder of the Order of Illuminati...that is enough

1756-1836 Aaron Burr

Well, I'll try...extremely high IQ with a pure gold education to match...always top of the class...arrogant doesn't cut it...his ego was larger than the andromeda. Sadly, his name is in place as our 3rd Vice President. He was always( in his opinion ) the biggest head in the room even when Jefferson & Hamilton were present...a thing called delusional...Duel. A strange thing. You get into a beef, set up a duel with loaded pistols to gain satisfaction, face each other and fire above and away toward the head of each other (miss) and receive the satisfaction and settle the beef....well, Hamilton aimed high right and missed, Burr, not properly aimed, screemed a lead ball through the spine of Hamilton...Duel Burr...an SOB & a son of a gun...at least no one could stand him.

OH, there is a candy-bar named after Teddy Roosevelt's baby girl Ruth

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:13 PM

OK, I know what you are thinking...How could she not mention The Sultan of Swat?

1895- George Herman Ruth "The Babe" ?

No, you were thinking of how stupid I was to forget...the one and only

Inventer, Founder and Chief Cook & Bottle Washer of...MURDER INC.!!!

Yep, 1897- Louis "Lepke" ("little louis" in Yiddish) Buchalter

Hitman, racketeer, bootlegger & extortionist (he could do it all, baby) was born in NYC and received his education in the Lower East Side, The Cheshire Reformatory, Sing Sing, Auburn Prison, Leavenworth, then back to Sing Sing to complete his education. He was associates of Jake Shapiro,Tommy Luchese, Albert Anastasia, along with a host of others. He can claim Dutch Shultz as one of his hits, and proudly claim to be the only Mob Boss to receive the death sentence for murder. In 1931, he married the former Betty Wasserman and both were active at Union Temple and Kol Israel Synagogue in Brooklyn.  Sing Sing was his last stop after sitting down in a chair he found quite shocking. He now rests at Mount Hebron Cemetary in Flushing NY. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 6:33 AM

SweetiePie:

OK, I know what you are thinking...How could she not mention The Sultan of Swat?

1895- George Herman Ruth "The Babe" ?

Well, no one corrected me. I did it on purpose to see if anyone reads this crap

The Sultan of Swat was Walter Hagen, not Babe Ruth. I left out Ronald Reagen to see if any one would haze me...no dice. So, just quickie, "who cares ?" Sir Thomas More stuff for now.

1102- Empress Matilda, Princess of England

1478-Sir Thomas More, England

1804- John Deere, Vermont Blacksmith & Founder of Deere an Co.

1812- Charles Dickens, England

~SP~

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Fri, Feb 7 2014 8:12 AM

7th February,

Actors:

Ashton Kutcher is 36

James Spader is 54

Miguel Ferrer is 59

Graham Mctavish is 53

Jason Gedrick is 49

and Victor Webster is 41

Comedians:

Chris Rock is 49

Eddie Izzard is 52

Robert Smigel is 54

Athletes:

Steve Nash is 40

Steven Stamkos is 24

Isaiah Thomas is 25

Jawan Howard is 41

and Chris Mears is 21

Singers/Musicians:

Garth Brooks is 52      (love the song, "The Dance")

David Bryan is also 52

and saxophonist King Curtis is 80

Also ...

Felix the Cat is 78

and the game Monopoly is 79!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 6:50 AM

JANUARY 8

412 - St. Proclus, Patriarch of Constantinople

1820 - William Tecumseh Sherman ("Cump" to his troops) Major General Confederate Army

1828 - Jules Verne

1920 - Lana Turner

1931 - James Dean

1944 - Bunky Henry

Oh, and if you want to know anything about Pebble Beach I've played it 11 times.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sat, Feb 8 2014 11:51 AM

8 February,

A special shout-out to a future music composer and Saxophonist ... my cousin Derek, who is 22 today!

Also on 8 February ...

Actors/Actresses:

Nick Nolte is 73

Jack Lemmon is 89

Mary Steenburgen is 61

Ted Koppel is 74

Gary Coleman is 46

Writer John Grisham is 59 

Musicians:

Bill Evans (saxophonist) is 56

John Williams (composer) is 82

Vince Neil (singer) is 53

Jeremy Davis (Bassist) is 29

David Phoenix Farrell (Bassist) is 37

and ...

Walt Disney Studios is 88 today!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2014 6:42 AM

February 9

1404 - Constantine XI Dragases, last Byzantine Emperor

1533 - Shimazo Yoshihisa, JAPANESE SAMURAI

1748 - Luther Martin, American Patriot

1773 - William Henry Harrison, 9th President ( after his innaugaration speech of three hours in cold, sleet-weather, a sore throat came along, he got sick, and dropped dead 30 days later.)

1902 - Gertrude Schlotz-Klink, German Womens Leader

1933 - JO ANN PRENTICE, LPGA

1942 - Carole King (Klein)

1958 - SANDY LYLE, hAGGIS lOVER & Green Jacket Owner

RSS