Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 9:57 AM

SweetiePie:
    I left out some dazzle...
    DaddysKat:
    And ... for the dazzle question of the day (from me) ...

Yes, my conspiracy theory loving dogs have a theory about this dazzle stuff.

That's our Welsh Springer Spaniel Rusti (named for her reddish color) on the left.  That's her English Springer Spaniel partner in crime on the right.  We adopted him from English Springer Rescue 3 yrs ago.  His original family had to give him and his brother up for adoption after they lost their jobs, lost their house, and the ensuing divorce.  ESR decided to place the brothers separately.  The two brothers were named Razzle & Dazzle.

We got Dazzle.

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 11:55 AM

Some set of lugs on them Andy :).. cracker dogs though! have had 3 Springer spaniels myself..tad hyper!

Retief " the goose" Goosen, the 2001 and 2004 U.S. Open champion, turns 45 today.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 4:54 PM

Rusti and Dazzle look like beautiful dogs ... I just wonder if you have them wear the tinfoil when you play (and if so, does it help your game?)

My 3 ... a female border collie named Cheyenne, a male mini Aussie named Cody and their son (a hybrid mini Border-Aussie named Ryker).  They are extremely smart dogs and well trained.  I can run with them off leash easily and they will stay right next to me.  Since I have to abide the leash law, I run with them carrying a leash.

I'm a total dog lover ... I've got nothing against cats ... as long as they are someone else's.  Never really liked cats much! 

DaddysKat:
    And ... for the dazzle question of the day (from me) ... the first member (excluding SP, Mantis and Andyson) to name the boat which Lincoln and Stephens held the peace conference on will receive a free sleeve of golf balls!

I guess there's no one out there that wants a free sleeve of balls!  I'll leave this trivia question open for a few more hours, then I'll give the answer and kill the gift idea.

• NoShow21
    242 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:46 PM

Everyone knows  that....the River Queen.   Thank my history teacher for  me.....lol.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2014 6:04 PM

NoShow21:

Everyone knows  that....the River Queen.   Thank my history teacher for  me.....lol.

Looks like you're the only one that did ... at least you were the first one to post!

Congrats ... balls sent!

Kat ♥

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 1:47 AM

To Alice Cooper, golf addict, 66 today!

• Paiger
    3,333 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 5:45 AM

nanstar:

To Alice Cooper, golf addict, 66 today!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 7:25 AM

February 4

How in the world did I miss Alice Cooper? I heard he is a single digit stick Too...

!688- Maranne Lover, Pierre De Marivaux said "oui" to Paris

1693-Bourgeois Drama Lover, George Lillo slid out of Mommie's giblits in England

1746-America & Washington Lover & Major helper, General Tadeusz Kosciuszko made his move downward

1799-Joao Batista de Silva Leitao de Almeida Garret, Portuguese playwright, said "who knows, who cares?"....this is a terrific ice breaker in a charade game.

1802-Nob Hill Lover, Mark Hopkins wanted to go to Frisco

1902-Spirit, St. Louis Style Lover, CHARLES LINDBERGH cried "call me Lindy"

1912-BYRON NELSON

1913-Front Seat Lover, Rosa Parks

1947-Dan (way better than Bidden) Quayle, 44th Vice President

1973-Gold Lover, Oscar DeLa Hoya came swingin' out of the put@ 

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:11 AM

2004 - The launch of THE Facebook from a Harvard dorm room and the world has been screwed up ever since.

Also Rosa Parks and Clint Black, thought I would throw Clint is since he is the only black in country music except for Charlie Pride    lol

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Feb 4 2014 9:28 AM

The man who ended Joe Theismann's NFL career, Lawrence Taylor is 55 today.

Also on this date in history ...

In 960, the coronation of Zhao Kuangyin as emperor Taizu of Song, initiates the "Song Dynasty" period of China, which will last more than 3 centuries.

In 1194, 100,000 ransom is paid for Richard I, King of England.

RSS