Forums

Help › Forums

R1 Driver

Fri, Mar 28 2014 1:14 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1golfer1time1
    15 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:40 AM

Can anyone explain why/how some players have a L93 R1? I only see a L98 R1 when I look in the Pro Shop. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:50 PM

1golfer1time1:

Can anyone explain why/how some players have a L93 R1? I only see a L98 R1 when I look in the Pro Shop. 

Special / Limited offer as IRL ( the black ones.... )

They have said "it's is gone for good"

Unfair imho, but like anyones counts on WGT !?!?

We all were soo close to the must have club but missed out at one point.

Andy

• 1golfer1time1
    15 Posts
    Mon, Dec 23 2013 4:12 PM

Thank you Sir. I figured this was probably another boat missed. Guess I will continue to swim :)

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 9:47 AM

1golfer1time1:

ya I got one of those L93 R1 black Drivers as a TM because I couldn't reach the fairway on #18 Merion but gues what?

Now as a Level 94 Legend, AGAIN I can't reach the fairway on #18 Merion without a Wind to help!  And R1 is rated for 287 Yards which is the Longest Driver you can get at my Level.  But it's because, using Unlimited Free Balls isn't good enough.  So that's your reward for reaching Legend and IMO, is just another sales tactic to have to $buy$ Better Balls.  Not only that but I got another reward for reaching Legend.  They took away my 61.0 average.  Because the very First round I shot as a Legend was a 4 under par 68.  But bye bye 61 average because they automatically started me as a 68.0 average to begin in the Legend tier.  Worked your guts out for 3 years to earn a 61 average and reach Legend and now it's All Gone because you reach Legend?  lol

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 10:43 AM

Your average is reset at every level so your average is based on your scores, not a decision by WGT. As for the 18th at Merion, try using full backspin.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2013 1:55 PM

Oldstir:

ya I got one of those L93 R1 black Drivers as a TM because I couldn't reach the fairway on #18 Merion but gues what?

Now as a Level 94 Legend, AGAIN I can't reach the fairway on #18 Merion without a Wind to help!  And R1 is rated for 287 Yards which is the Longest Driver you can get

* shakes head in bemusement *

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 6:47 AM

courteneyfish:

Your average is reset at every level so your average is based on your scores, not a decision by WGT. As for the 18th at Merion, try using full backspin.

ya that makes a lot of sense; hit the ball Higher so the wind Against the ball is even Greater and will make the ball fall even Shorter.  lol

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 6:48 AM

alcaucin:

Oldstir:

Now as a Level 94 Legend, AGAIN I can't reach the fairway on #18 Merion without a Wind to help!  And R1 is rated for 287 Yards which is the Longest Driver you can get

* shakes head in bemusement *

lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 7:02 AM

Oldstir:
    ya that makes a lot of sense; hit the ball Higher so the wind Against the ball is even Greater and will make the ball fall even Shorter.  lol

Try it, it happens to be the way to do it. You're hitting an 8 degree driver, ffs, you need the lift. I've never NOT carried that edge of the fairway.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2013 7:09 AM

courteneyfish:

As for the 18th at Merion, try using full backspin.

Or try Tour SD balls.  At 65 credits a sleeve they're a great bargain.  You're playing the free ones now so the fast meter won't be a problem

And Courteney is right, full B/S will get you more flight as long as you aren't hitting into a strong headwind.

• PAGES
RSS