Forums

Help › Forums

Using the Pitch/Chip shot mode - putting green grid.

Mon, Dec 29 2014 11:07 AM (95 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 10:38 AM

YankeeJim:
    I started out that way in a fashion and you know what?-it lead to major frustration and aggravation. I charted the old Satin wedges down to the yard, had all the i15's iron carries, roll, etc. in a nice little chart, had all the numbers lined up like ducks. That's when I learned that 2 + 2 does not equal 4 in this game and that you can chart yourself blue in the face, the game is about ranges, not being exact. I can get those ranges simply by simple math and common sense. 

Hey YJ ... if you really want to experience major frustration and aggravation, try writing a program that will learn from your mistakes!  

You say in this game 2+2 doesn't always equal four, and I will agree wholeheartedly.  But in the same token, if you're 100 yards out. that "4" variance will be extremely small over 100 shots.  Move that shot out to 200 yards and that variance on a percent basis is pretty much a constant, with that once in a while VEM moment thrown in for the patented WGT "WTF experience" we've all had.

This variance is based on your past knowledge and skill level combined with your equipment.  The better your equipment and the better your skill level, the smaller that variance will be.

Final thought here ... WTF does this have to do with the size of the pitching grid?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 11:05 AM

DaddysKat:
    Final thought here ... WTF does this have to do with the size of the pitching grid?

LMAO. It's Andyson's fault. He came up with the Wind Pal thing.  :-D

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 11:07 AM

YankeeJim:

Nobody's "bagging" you (whatever that means but I get the gist.)

Could it be that Mike's been immortalised?   Perhaps, just perhaps bagging someone originates within these forums.

MBaggese:

I even was on the flack-giving side for a bit

The only other option I can think of would be tee bagging but I always thought that required a somewhat closer proximity to the person being bagged.  Never heard of it being done online.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 11:10 AM

YankeeJim:

DaddysKat:

LMAO. It's Andyson's fault. He came up with the Wind Pal thing.  :-D

ROFL.  I still want one though!  Tool heads like me would really find that useful!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 11:13 AM

MainzMan:
    tee bagging

Shouldn't that be "tea" bagging?  I guess I do buy my tees by the bag though.

And don't go baggin' on Baggs, Mr. MainzMan!  lol.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 11:31 AM

DaddysKat:

Shouldn't that be "tea" bagging?  I guess I do buy my tees by the bag though.

Oops.  I guess when you play this silly game too much you start to get tunnel vision when it comes to spelling.

I suppose if the people concerned were on a golf course.....

Maybe we shouldn't go down that road, bad things down there.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 11:54 AM

I hope I didn't offend anyone by my post, I am not  promoting cheating by any means.  I am just having some very very strange things happening to me that other players are starting to say there may be something wrong with my account. Meaning that for some reason the program reacts differently than it normally should, so I am a bit frustrated, and I am trying to figure this out.

so i got my little rant out and out of my system and all should be good for a while, but if anyone has any meds for this .......lol

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 12:19 PM

MainzMan:
    Maybe we shouldn't go down that road, bad things down there.

Or maybe we should ... I just finished posting my daily "Happy Birthday" thread ... while perusing my daily tribute tunes, I ran across this song ... sure fits the way I feel about "tools" ....

That's Kerry Ellis and the song, Defying Gravity was from the Broadway Musical, "Wicked".  Words I live by!  Heck yeah I'll take a car that can park itself over a horse and buggy.  I'll take heated seats over quilts anyday ... and I'm glad I've never had to walk ten miles to school barefoot in the snow uphill both ways"  Thank you technology!  Thank you inventors everywhere!

ROFL ... and there's my rant!

Hey YJ and Mainz ... I want you guys to know that although we don't always agree, I really love you guys.  You've both posted some great thoughts while I've been a member here and I truly respect both of you!  Take it for what it's worth ... you guys are gems in my eyes!

Edit:  I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the professor ... he put that gate on the green!  I soooo love you professor!  

Edit 2:  Group hug, everybody!

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 6:12 PM

You know what they call a Human without a tool? ........... An Ape. ;)

Hugs!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 6:45 PM

DaddysKat:
    Group hug, everybody!

RSS