Forums

Help › Forums

Using the Pitch/Chip shot mode - putting green grid.

Mon, Dec 29 2014 11:07 AM (95 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:33 AM

Will a hearty hand shake do?

: ))

andyson:

Why does the one second from the left have no face?  I know things can get a bit rough round here but pulling someone's face off seems a bit extreme.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 12:41 AM

MainzMan:

Only if you throw in a Laurel, Mainz!  Ya know ... a Laurel ... and hearty handshake!

I'm so punny!  lol.

MainzMan:
    Why does the one second from the left have no face?  I know things can get a bit rough round here but pulling someone's face off seems a bit extreme.

That's me, Mainz ... I'm the one that dances to a different drummer here!

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 10:26 AM

DaddysKat:

MainzMan:

Only if you throw in a Laurel, Mainz!  Ya know ... a Laurel ... and hearty handshake!

I'm so punny!  lol.

MainzMan:

That's me, Mainz ... I'm the one that dances to a different drummer here!

Maybe just facing a different direction (: 

Sooo...  20 ft, 24 ft, 26 ft or 10 yds for that pesky grid?  or maybe size was settled in another thread?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 10:34 AM

keidan:
    Sooo...  20 ft, 24 ft, 26 ft or 10 yds for that pesky grid?  or maybe size was settled in another thread?

If you just use the 13 full sized squares the grid is 26 feet X 26 feet. I ignore the partial squares on each side and figure it as 26 feet X 26 feet. If You use the 2 partial squares then it is 30 feet X 30 feet . But the partial squares  aren't always the same size so it just makes sense to me to go 26 feet X 26 feet. 

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 10:56 AM

borntobesting:

keidan:

If you just use the 13 full sized squares the grid is 26 feet X 26 feet. I ignore the partial squares on each side and figure it as 26 feet X 26 feet. If You use the 2 partial squares then it is 30 feet X 30 feet . But the partial squares  aren't always the same size so it just makes sense to me to go 26 feet X 26 feet. 

Thanks BTB that makes a lot of sense.  I imagine that there is still a small error bar even for your approach given the widely different POV distances and sampling used but this should be plenty good for wind calcs where error bars for wind/equipment are much larger.  -Keith 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 11:07 AM

keidan:

borntobesting:

keidan:

Thanks BTB that makes a lot of sense.  I imagine that there is still a small error bar even for your approach given the widely different POV distances and sampling used but this should be plenty good for wind calcs where error bars for wind/equipment are much larger.  -Keith 

Keep in mind that each square is 2 feet by 2 feet and it helps. 

RSS