Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:48 PM

Lowest 4 round final score with an overall GIR of 50% or lessIan (Legaci)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:49 PM

Longest total distance of putts made across whole tourney: Corwyn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:50 PM

The High Score (Tough-It-Out) Prize: Guy (BogieZed)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 8:53 PM

Longest putt made at RSG:  ColumbusStorm

--------------------------------------

CTTH competition at #12 RSG: OneEyedJohn

--------------------------------------

Best GIR at Olympic: Macduff10

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 4:32 AM

Have to agree but Hyena's trophy is a real treat.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2013 11:35 AM

PRIZE UPDATE:

Corwyn:
    Well, I think that's it... (pending some prizes tbc, as noted above)

I'm out of time right now, but at some point later today I'll try and put together a spreadsheet of all the sponsors and winners, to make it a little easier to keep track.

Please post in this thread to let us know when a prize has been disbursed/received.

Thanks!

Corwyn:
    Please note too there's an all-in-one-place summary of the Prizes, Winners, and Sponsors here.

So, I'd like to remind prize-winners/sponsors to please post in this thread to let us know your sleeve preference (if applicable), and if prizes have been disbursed/received.

Cerino and I are anxious to resolve all the prizes and draw a final line under the tourney. We realize that a couple of players are away on trips (James and Ben) and that Hans is no longer an active player (he has been emailed privately). Nevertheless, we are concerned that no-one is left waiting too long to receive their prize.

That said, we would like to see prizes disbursed by the end of this coming weekend.

If you are a prize-winner, and have not received your prize by Monday morning (10/28), please contact us via the thread and Cerino and I will honor it ourselves. Then the sponsors can reimburse us on their return.

Thank you!

PRIZE SUMMARY TAB

P.S. If I do not hear back from Ben by this time tomorrow, I'll make the remaining calls regarding the 'to be confirmed' prizes.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:01 AM

Corwyn:
    Closest to the Pin winner on the Par 3 13th at the Olympic Club (Round 3). 

(1 sleeve of Callaway Hex Chrome balls valued at 325 credits or less: sponsor BigInigoMontoya] (please note conditions/instructions in this post)

Please note Inigo and I are trying to figure out what to do about this prize. We had 2 players tie with 18ft apiece, Dazza and James, but neither went on to finish the tourney, nor have they responded to the forum question about whether they can use the sleeves in question (not the balls they normally play with). If they are ruled out for non-completion (a condition for some of our prizes) then Ian (Legaci) is our next closest player with 33ft (but also uses higher-priced balls). 

Winner: to be confirmed

Prize Update:

Inigo and I have been in correspondence regarding this prize, and can now pass on our decision. Dazza asked that he not be considered and that it be passed on; James has been unavailable to respond; Ian also asked that it be passed on... but our next closest player, OneEyedJohn (with 36 ft) does actually play Cally lvl 33 balls and can use the prize, and so is our winner here.

Closest to the Pin winner on the 13th at the Olympic Club (R3): OneEyedJohn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:21 AM

FYI: Ben returned from his trip yesterday, and intends to disburse his prize sponsorships tonight. Here is a wrap-up of the tbc prizes:

Corwyn:
    18. Best GIR at Olympic [with tie-breaker of best Ave.Distance to the Pin] ](1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: Macduff10 (61%)

Mac asked that we "pass this prize on to someone who needs it more" ... so next in line for Best GIR at Olympic was Neil (unclenewy), who hit just one green fewer.

-------------------------------------------

Corwyn:
    22. CTTH competition at #5 Merion: Post screenshot showing closest-to-the-hole location after your 2nd shot on this hole, and replay links would be great too. (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: tbc (we did not specify, but perhaps should have, that this needed to be on the green [a common criteria for CTTH]… so have a situation with one player on the green at 7 yards, the other in the rough past the pin at 6 yards. Awaiting Ben's return from a trip to clarify this prize.)

We are going to treat this as a shot that had to be on the green to qualify. Closest to the pin was JayO92 with 7 yards (see this post). Note that Jay has asked to defer (or decline if that's not possible) his prizes.

----------------------------------

Corwyn:
    23. Worst Lie  factoring in upslope vs. downslope, severity of sideslope, burial % and rough/sand/fescue/brush. Screenshots should be taken with the aimer at the default position. (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: tbc (Awaiting Ben's return from a trip to get sponsor's input for prize determination.)

Although there were entries from JayO (p49), and BogieZed (p47) that were considered, it came down to a choice between hyena's quarry adventure on Merion #16, and Inigo's battle with the hill in front on #3. Even though hyena's was terrifying from the main view, it was actually a lot flatter and easier than Inigo's, so our winner here is BigInigoMontoya.

----------------------------------

Corwyn:
    24. Best Save: to be judged similarly - the difficulty of the worst situation on the way to a par. Screenshots should be taken with the aimer at the default position, and replays of the resulting shot will be needed too.(1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: tbc (Awaiting Ben's return from a trip to get sponsor's input for prize determination.)

There were really only 2 shots considered here, Kurt's par chip-in from here on #18 at Merion, and Ben's own up-and-down on #16 (which only we witnessed, as Ben was too focussed to take a pic). This actually revealed the flaw in this prize: anything that was too hard a lie required so much player focus that taking a screenshot was not realistic. We've decided not to make an award for this prize. Sorry Kurt! One factor was that we didn't think your shot was hard enough (!) in the context of all the challenging situations we've all faced in this tourney (odds are that many of us had harder par saves elsewhere), and secondly your screenshot didn't show the full ball lie making it difficult to assess.

Winner: none

---------------------------------------------------------------

That wraps up the remaining prizes. Those of you still to declare sleeve preferences please do respond in the thread, or via PM to myself, or direct to the sponsor (but also let us know) so that we can finish things off asap.

Thank you!

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2013 10:24 AM

i posted on James wall , L71 nikes ...

RSS