Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out III': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open THIRD EDITION!

Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:55 PM (614 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 12:28 PM

Longest total distance of putts made across whole tourney

Corwyn wins his own sponsored prize here with a grand total of 398 feet in Total Distance Made Putts throughout the tourney, beating out Russ who ended up with 336.76 feet, but whose 58.7 foot putt at RSG helped him toward a single-round record total of 143.32 (and was comfortably the longest putt holed in the tourney).

The next closest players were another 50 ft behind in the standings. This time around, only 4 players managed to get scores of higher than 100 feet in a particular round (down from 9 last time… Does that mean we're mostly getting our approaches closer?).

The unenviable achievement of lowest single-round total goes to Inigo for a remarkable 28.44 total distance made, when Merion took its toll in his final round. And hyena comes in as the player with the 'shortest longest putt made' in the tourney overall, just 14.8 ft!

Incidentally, I was curious to see how many putts people had taken: our leader there was Corwyn with 112 (avg 28 per round), with Ben, Fred, Cerino, and Ian coming in with 115, 116, 117, 118 respectively. Corwyn and Micke (hobbe95) both managed just 25 putts at Olympic, on the toughest and fastest greens of all.

----------------------------------

Corwyn:
    10. Longest total distance of putts made across whole tourney (1 player wins a sleeve of choice; note winner will need to post their Putting stats tab each round to be eligible; and an extra sleeve if the player manages to exceed the winning total achieved by Woodoworkery in TIO2, a stunning 441.67 ft across the 4 rounds: see Putting stats post at the bottom of this page; sponsor: Corwyn).

Longest total distance of putts made across whole tourney: Corwyn (wins his own prize here)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

Overall score under par across whole tourney (player(s) win a sleeve of balls of their choice if they can end up under par after 72 holes; sponsor Hanswurst72)

Corwyn is the only player to end up under par for the whole tourney, and claims Hans' prize here.

Score under par in Round 4 (player(s) win a sleeve of balls of their choice if they can end up under par @ Merion in Round 4; sponsor Hanswurst72)

Three players: Corwyn, CerinoDevoti, and ColumbusStorm managed to shoot under par in Round 4, and win a sleeve of choice from Hans for his generous prize.

Winners: Corwyn (x2 sleeves) | CerinoDevoti | ColumbusStorm

Sponsor: Hanswurst72

(please contact Hans to let him know which sleeve you would like for your prize)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

Corwyn:
    20. The High Score (Tough-It-Out) Prize (1,000 credits to the highest 72-hole score, in recognition of the major accomplishment of toughing-it-out through the hardest conditions on WGT, and managing to set pride aside to finish regardless of one's score. sponsor: gsprink)

The High Score (Tough-It-Out) Prize: won by Guy (BogieZed) with a +71 total of 351.

Sponsor: Gary (gsprink)

(please contact Gary to let him know how you would like your prize)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

Other Round-Specific Prizes:

13. Longest putt made at RSG (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: ColumbusStorm (58.7ft)

14. Greatest improvement relative to par from R1 to R2 (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: BogieZed

15. Any Eagle at RSG: (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: none

16. CTTH competition at #12 RSG: Post screenshot showing closest-to-the-hole location after your 2nd shot on this hole, and replay links would be great too. (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: OneEyedJohn (6.6 ft)

17. Longest drive hit at RSG(1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese) Driving stats tab will prove longest drive, but do tell us which hole you got it on, and share the replay if you can grab it!

Winner: JayO92 (257.21 yds)

-------------------

18. Best GIR at Olympic [with tie-breaker of best Ave.Distance to the Pin] ](1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: Macduff10 (61%)

19. Most Consistently Close to the Hole at Olympic: Highest total from this calculation: (30-Ave.Distance to Pin) * GIR, which will reward closest to hole average as well. (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: Legaci (716.8 calculated result)

-------------------

20. Any Eagle at Merion: (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

21. Birdie on #18 Merion: (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

22. CTTH competition at #5 Merion: Post screenshot showing closest-to-the-hole location after your 2nd shot on this hole, and replay links would be great too. (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: tbc (we did not specify, but perhaps should have, that this needed to be on the green [a common criteria for CTTH]… so have a situation with one player on the green at 7 yards, the other in the rough past the pin at 6 yards. Awaiting Ben's return from a trip to clarify this prize.)

23. Worst Lie  factoring in upslope vs. downslope, severity of sideslope, burial % and rough/sand/fescue/brush. Screenshots should be taken with the aimer at the default position. (1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: tbc (Awaiting Ben's return from a trip to get sponsor's input for prize determination.)

24. Best Save: to be judged similarly - the difficulty of the worst situation on the way to a par. Screenshots should be taken with the aimer at the default position, and replays of the resulting shot will be needed too.(1 sleeve of balls of players choice. sponsor: bhoese)

Winner: tbc (Awaiting Ben's return from a trip to get sponsor's input for prize determination.)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts

Well, I think that's it... (pending some prizes tbc, as noted above)

I'm out of time right now, but at some point later today I'll try and put together a spreadsheet of all the sponsors and winners, to make it a little easier to keep track.

Please post in this thread to let us know when a prize has been disbursed/received.

Thanks!

----

and trophies will follow in the next few days!

• gsprink
    623 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 2:45 PM

Corwyn:

Corwyn:
    20. The High Score (Tough-It-Out) Prize (1,000 credits to the highest 72-hole score, in recognition of the major accomplishment of toughing-it-out through the hardest conditions on WGT, and managing to set pride aside to finish regardless of one's score. sponsor: gsprink)

The High Score (Tough-It-Out) Prize: won by Guy (BogieZed) with a +71 total of 351.

(please contact Gary to let him know how you would like your prize)

Congratulations for "toughing it out"  Write on my wall or friend me and I'll buy ya whatever you want up to a 1000 credits!!

Congrats everybody and Thanks to all the guys for all their hard work putting this on!!!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 9:21 PM

nice summary Corwyn.

Shame there wasn't a prize for most feet of putts in Round 4,Ben would have won a sleeve, lol

I'll post on Ben's wall re the balls

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:31 AM

I think you should run for US president Corwyn.

Eric

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:45 AM

Hey Gary,

I want to thank you for being the sponsor of the TIO Prize. I played with Guy in the first two rounds. Round one, I could tell he was struggling a lot with the UL and the course set-up but his attitude regarding playing was superb. I was really happy to see his improvement in round 2 that won him a prize for greatest difference in strokes from the first round. I could tell he had practiced and was coming to grips with the lie angles and the way to play UL. I believe Guy had only been a WGT member for 6 weeks when we kicked off the Tourney so he jumped head first into the UL play and came out in fine style .His reward was well earned.

~CD~

• BogieZed
    87 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:38 AM

Thank you; Gary (gsprink), kind words for my lousy play CerinoDevoti, the hard work Corwyn, the sponsor's bhoese.

I am just starting to learn the chips; punch; and pitch shots and that's what killed my play.  This was a very cool tournament I will definitely play another - next year?  

BZ

RSS