Forums

Help › Forums

Confused! please help

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 2 2010 5:04 PM (23 replies)
  • Scraig
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 11:46 AM

Been playing now for 2 weeks and really enjoyed experiance plus many freinds already,

Seen huge potential here for me here especially during the winter months when I cannot get to the golf course just to pass time buy,

So thinking I did the correct thing purchased 5000 credits, I use the ping rapture driver and wanted this club with my credits, am thouroughly let down that despite paying credit and having enough credid to purchase said club, am told I need pro status to puchase.

I hope this website is not a con! if I have credit I want said club, please advise me where to go from here, thanks if you can help!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:08 PM

Good Day to you Scraig,, Just keep playing and your avg will come down and you will turn pro in no time  ..  It took me about  4 weeks.. Some players made master with the starter clubs .  enjoy the game and it is NOT a con..  hope that helped..  opyeuclid

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:08 PM

You need to work yourself up to said Tier.  If you want Master clubs, you need master tier.  Its a good learning experience to get yourself to pro.  I did it in a day with some good play.  You dont need to get to a 70 average either.  Play some RANKED rounds, learn some of the nuances of the game and you will be a Pro in no time.  If you are having a problem chipping/putting, we all have been there, there are some great FAQs over there ===========>

Play up with some better players for some tips as well, and you will be there in no time.  Its good to learn with the crappy clubs, it really is.  And once you are pro there is no going back to Amateur. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:19 PM

Good advice from neil there Scraig. Plus, play all of the courses, not just Oakmont and BPB. Those are the 2 hardest courses here and by playing all of them you'll really develop quickly. GL

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:30 PM

Neil and YankkeJim is right and believe me you are not the first to do this. You did approach it correct in selecting the Ping Rapture Driver as well as Irons and Daytona Putter are great choice for pro's. Work on getting your average down and once you qualify that club will be available to you.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 5:37 PM

Everyone has given you good advice, Scraig. I use the Rapture driver and it is a good club for you once you turn Pro. Just keep playing and don't disconnect if you have a bad round going. Play out of those tough shots and you will really learn how to play the game.

And don't be shy about asking for advice. Most all of us are willing to help.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 6:18 PM

Hi Scraig,

Great advice from these guys, I cant really add to it.

I will say one thing however, which AlaCowboy touched on  -

AlaCowboy:
    Just keep playing and don't disconnect if you have a bad round going. Play out of those tough shots and you will really learn how to play the game.

If I'm having a bad round going, I take it as a challenge to try and right the ship and get back to par, and then maybe even go under if I can. Also, pull the plug on a round and you are losing the opportunity to play those remaining holes to the conditions you are playing to that day. They may not come around again any time soon - so stick with a bad round and finish it off. OK - it may not work out, but you will certainly have learnt something from it.

Every shot I take, is a learning experience for me. If its a bad shot, analyse it and make a note, then maybe next time you are in that very same position you will play the shot better.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Doug

• Scraig
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 12:16 AM

Thanks for the Quick replies,

It is true what they say (do not drink and drive) tonight am to enjoy without a few glasses :) and get that pro status

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:29 AM

Scraig, if your that set on getting those Rapture clubs you might want to save only the good rounds and disconnect on the really bad ones. Its called cherry picking, its really a harmless technique when just trying to get to the pro teir and almost every player did it  to get to there. But once your at the pro teir its not a good idea to cherry pick your rounds to get to the master  as you will find out if you do, good luck.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 7:25 AM

griffygriff:
    Scraig, if your that set on getting those Rapture clubs you might want to save only the good rounds and disconnect on the really bad ones.

This is terrible advice, especially from someone that only plays SA. 

Put the time in, Scraig. Play all the courses, they each have their own personality, as such. When a round gets away from you don't abandon it-turn it into practice. You have 10 shots a hole before you max out so use them. Hit back to where you came from and try it again. Just don't make your last putt if it's practice. 

It goes fast and you'll be in a better position to make a wise club choice when it comes time and you won't be spending 5000 credits to get there. Think of it this way-you learn the courses as an amateur (and turn pro in the middle of it all) and then when you upgrade you will know what you need and will be able to focus on learning your clubs. GL

RSS