Forums

Help › Forums

Why cant certain countries play in the tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 11 2009 3:51 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gmurf
    22 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2009 10:46 AM

Probably been explained/posted before but why are some countries unable to play in the tournaments?! Is all of europe excluded or just a few countries?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 11:04 AM

Basically anything significant that you win needs to be reported as taxable earnings.  They need to fill out the appropriate paperwork with your government so that your government knows when and how much to tax you for things you've received from the site.

Unfortunately, no matter what country you live in, getting anything done quickly when the government is involved is near impossible. :)

• gmurf
    22 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 2:43 PM

Haha yea especially in ireland it would take the government a week to tie a shoelace!!

Cheers for the headsup nivlac.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2009 3:13 PM

Hi gmurf, Ireland is one of the new countries we will be opening up to on May 1.

• gmurf
    22 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 11:10 AM

Nice one Alex cheers!

• Califfo
    5 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 10:21 AM

I don't know because Italy isn't in that list . I've deposit $50,00 for that tournament , but nothing for me, and the credit isn' change on dollar. But if my country isn't agible for the tournament, because they take my money ??? Only for the Clubs ?? If my country doesn't entry , never ??? 

P.S. Excuse for my english.......

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2009 12:56 PM

Italy is not available yet Califfo.  The money you put in you can use to buy clubs for now.  Eventually Italy will be added to the list.  You'll just have to wait a little bit longer.

As an unrelated aside, it's really hard to see the difference between Irish and Italian flags.

• Pidie
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 11:18 AM

Hi There

I'm from South Africa and obviously i'm not eligible to play in any of the tournaments,

but are there any other tournaments that I can play in that don't give out prizes that would cause

any problems?

Please let me know

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 11:25 AM

There is the International Open every month that you can enter.  This tournament is for bragging rights only. 

• chunky32
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 4:24 AM

these are some good questions

i'm from new zealand and it seems i can only play one course (ocean)

it would be great to be able to play others, especially BPB (even if it only a practice round)

can you shed any light on this?

Thanks

• PAGES
RSS