Forums

Help › Forums

For the sandbagger police.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 21 2010 1:51 PM (45 replies)
  • rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:10 PM

what would you call an someone with an 80 average with 7 ranked rounds and $45 plus in earnings?

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:50 AM

chipshotcharlie:
    For a player who does not have this equipment to say the upgrade putter makes 30feet putt's look like 3feet puts is ludicrous
    \

I have played many rounds with those who have the up grade putter. It seems strange that those 30 40 ft putts go into the cup like their is a magnet in the ball and cup.  This happens too frequently, and very seldom happens when playing against the reg putter.I really do not know what the argument is, and why you deny the obvious. When WGT sells you the putter they say it is 40% more accurate.

Nice to hear from you again chippy

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:14 AM

griffygriff:
    x15, i am cool with that, but i would like to point out that each up grade demands a whole new set of skills

Hi Griff

Let us say that you and I are at a University and a test is coming. I have a chance to buy the answers for $20. It will take a new set of skills if I buy the answers. I will have to learn how to lie to myself, and I will have to make sure the professor does not see me looking into the palms of my hands for the answers.

The meter is slow, medium slow, , fast super fast etc. That is not improving your skills. If you notice, at the present time we have a meter that does all that without upgrading your clubs. Your skill level does not come from your meter; it comes from playing and remembering how to get out of trouble on each hole. It comes from knowing where to place your drive, approach and HOW TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. Putting is the key, and the upgrade putter will take strokes off your game.   Has nothing to do with meter speed. I played LINKS for many years, and the meter is super fast, but took maybe 20 rounds to time the meter.  The upgrade clubs are ok by me, but not for me. I do not know of a legal driver you can buy that will hit 60 yds further every shot you take on the golf course. I do not know of a legal 3 wood that will hit 40 yds further every shot on the golf course, and more important, I do not know of a legal putter that will give you 40% more accuracy.

In all due respect to you and many others who are playing this game.---The upgrade clubs, balls putters and avatars are a necessity for WGT to stay in business. But have nothing to do with making you a better player, just making you feel good to see that 65 avg next to your name.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:24 AM

chipshotcharlie:
    Calling people fools is only making a fool out of yourself and makes you sound like the stupid one.

Good point CSC.  I feel the same way about those who frequently post  to call people whiners for venting their issues with the game.  It makes them sound like a whiner. LOL

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 7:26 AM

rockin roland:

what would you call on someone with an 80 average with 7 ranked rounds and $45 plus in earnings?

If it is what it seems to be (which it might not be) my guess is that this player has more than 1 account, because he's sandbagging. But it's up to you Rockin Roland to decide, if in our heart you believe this player to be a cheat, scamming credits of legit players you should just report him and let wgt sort it out. Btw i don't consider myself one of the so called sandbagging police, but i do hate cheats and i believe we should all do what we can to rid the site of them. cheers

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:29 PM

x1524807:

griff griff:
    x15, i am cool with that, but i would like to point out that each up grade demands a whole new set of skills

Hi Griff

Let us say that you and I are at a University and a test is coming. I have a chance to buy the answers for $20. It will take a new set of skills if I buy the answers. I will have to learn how to lie to myself, and I will have to make sure the professor does not see me looking into the palms of my hands for the answers.

The meter is slow, medium slow, , fast super fast etc. That is not improving your skills. If you notice, at the present time we have a meter that does all that without upgrading your clubs. Your skill level does not come from your meter; it comes from playing and remembering how to get out of trouble on each hole. It comes from knowing where to place your drive, approach and HOW TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. Putting is the key, and the upgrade putter will take strokes off your game.   Has nothing to do with meter speed. I played LINKS for many years, and the meter is super fast, but took maybe 20 rounds to time the meter.  The upgrade clubs are ok by me, but not for me. I do not know of a legal driver you can buy that will hit 60 yds further every shot you take on the golf course. I do not know of a legal 3 wood that will hit 40 yds further every shot on the golf course, and more important, I do not know of a legal putter that will give you 40% more accuracy.

In all due respect to you and many others who are playing this game.---The upgrade clubs, balls putters and avatars are a necessity for WGT to stay in business. But have nothing to do with making you a better player, just making you feel good to see that 65 avg next to your name.

x15, like i said before i understand where your coming from, and that 98% of other players would completely disagree with your philosophy is neither here nor there.Its because of players like me, that wgt can provide a free game for players like yourself. How you consider that the starter clubs is not an upgrade from the beginners clubs blows my mind, especailly when you consider the  irons offer an extra 20 yrds in distance and as you rightly pointed out you'll never find that in real life. I was wondering just how many more months you expect it  to take until you've completely mastered your skills using the starter clubs. when your ready to take the training wheels off, i am sure you'll enjoy the new skills an challengers that wgt has to offer.

Happy hunting crappy masters.  cheers Griff

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:09 PM

funny thing about the whole beating master thing x153564344 has only beaten two masters lol.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:39 PM

Something just occured to me..

Long time forum participants will remember another multi-account holder who used to go by a number (well, one if his accounts was a number) and who also used to try to tell everyone that upgrading clubs was cheating.

I always wondered what happened to him after WGT ran him off earlier this year....  I wonder if they could still check that IP address??

Hmmmm... have a nice day.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 6:23 PM

jbenny11:

funny thing about the whole beating master thing x153564344 has only beaten two masters lol.

VS. Master    2 - 0

hey benny, you could say I am 100%, or you could continue to be a denier, your choice.

tonight I have had 2 "masters" and both quit, do I get anything for that?

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Jul 20 2010 6:25 PM

Snaike:
    I always wondered what happened to him after WGT ran him off earlier this year....  I wonder if they could still check that IP address??

yes, I knew one of the 5 voices would be heard this evening, and to you mr snaike I say

have a nice day, and think nice thoughts, instead of being evil

RSS