x1524807:

So now, write me nasty notes

What the hell are you talking about?

I've never written anything toward you.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 7:23 PM

Hi All,

There is actually quite a difference between the top and the bottom of the Master tier, and its not just the clubs you buy at all, far from it - you need a lot more than that to be good.

It took me 18  months or more to get to Master level - I'm not that great, but I did slowly upgraded my clubs bit by bit. It didn't all of a sudden happen that I started shooting high 50's low 60's - I still never have, even with the better clubs.

Now I am in the Master tier my average is around the 69 mark - which I have to say is probably about right. Most rounds I play, whether it be in tournaments or just stroke play I shoot between 67 - 72, so thats it for me.

I've played some of the top Masters and been given  real hiding lol, so its not just the clubs.

Cheers

Doug

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 9:37 PM

dorkfeatures:

Hi All,

There is actually quite a difference between the top and the bottom of the Master tier, and its not just the clubs you buy at all, far from it - you need a lot more than that to be good.

It took me 18  months or more to get to Master level - I'm not that great, but I did slowly upgraded my clubs bit by bit. It didn't all of a sudden happen that I started shooting high 50's low 60's - I still never have, even with the better clubs.

Now I am in the Master tier my average is around the 69 mark - which I have to say is probably about right. Most rounds I play, whether it be in tournaments or just stroke play I shoot between 67 - 72, so thats it for me.

I've played some of the top Masters and been given  real hiding lol, so its not just the clubs.

Cheers

Doug

I agree Doug, it isn't just the clubs or balls either for that matter. If it were just the clubs we all would be shooting scores like Bolly and Lee and the other top masters and we're not. And as far as that goes I've seen some masters playing very well using pro tier clubs.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 6:42 AM

borntobesting:
    agree Doug, it isn't just the clubs or balls either for that matter. If it were just the clubs we all would be shooting scores like Bolly and Lee and the other top masters and we're not. And as far as that goes I've seen some masters playing very well using pro tier clubs

You are right, it is not JUST the clubs. It is your talent with the mouse and the CLUBS you use. If you are using all the upgrades and avg 70, that would be the same as  ABOUT 75 with reg clubs. I say about, because if you do use the upgrade putter, and are avg 70, then you would PROBABLY AVG 80. The putter, after you learn how to use it , should save you 5 strokes over 18 holes. It is insane to think that upgrade clubs do not improve your game, and if you think that way, then why did you buy them? Those players shooting 60 would probably shoot 66 to 70 with reg clubs.

Now I know that the "masters" will disagree, so I ask everyone who is using reg clubs and avg 65, PLEASE STAND UP. Whoops, nobody standing

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 3:38 PM

I like thousands of other players on wgt, i play the game for fun. After a few days of playing i realised that i was never going to win anything, and that didn't bother me one bit and it still doesn't.

After about a week when i realise i really enjoyed the game, and bought some cheap clubs to make things a bit easier and keep the fun meter on high.

After about a month i turned pro, so of course i ponyed up for some pro clubs, because it didn't make any sense to me to keep the old clubs, when for a few $ more i could keep my fun meter on high.

After a few months i turned master, so like thousands before me i ponyed up for some masters clubs. unfortunately the fun meter went down at this point for the first time. it turns out the masters there was a lot harder than i had anticipated, and consequently my mid 60s scores became a thing of the past, i fact i am lucky if i even break par these days

Its almost suggested on this post that buying better equipment gives you an advantage. The way i look at it is, if you want to get the most out of your wgt experience buy as much s h i t as you can afford. If you want to compete, you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't up grade your clubs and balls.  If you just want to keep your fun meter on high, stay away from the master tier till your shooting 66 on B P every round.

And to any body who hasn't up graded their equipment to the their their on, your not having as much fun as you could be .....FACT

If any ones interested i am giving  fun meters out for free, all you got to do is buy some better equipment and one will appear in your fun box that day.

Remember players who don't buy better equipment put them selves at a disadvantage, and not the other way around .

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 4:01 PM

griffygriff:
    Remember players who don't buy better equipment put them selves at a disadvantage, and not the other way around .
    QFE...

Usually I disagree with Griffy.... but this line is brilliant.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Jul 18 2010 7:05 PM

griffygriff:
    Remember players who don't buy better equipment put them selves at a disadvantage, and not the other way around

Sorry, but the most fun I have is to play the "masters" with the big clubs, and the fancy putter, and win with my regs.   You have no idea how satisfying that is

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 12:23 AM

hey GG, send me one of those FREE fun meters (lost mind 2 months ago)LOL. I Totally agree w/your post, been playing reg.(avg. 5 hrs day) for about 4 months. In no time became a MASTER ha ha so I would be PRIVY to buy ALL the toys to shoot in the high 50s low 60s and compete. What a joke and a waste of money. MY ave is in the high 60s but if I play in real tournys I'm lucky to shoot in the 80s, Really hard for me to understand how the REAL MASTERS shoot in the 50s/60s.without some inside info OR?

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:28 AM

x1524807:

griff griff:
    Remember players who don't buy better equipment put them selves at a disadvantage, and not the other way around

Sorry, but the most fun I have is to play the "masters" with the big clubs, and the fancy putter, and win with my regs.   You have no idea how satisfying that is

X1524807, please take this post in the spirit it is written and i hope you don't consider me one of the fab five. I try to make my posts witty and positive when i can and steer clear  of sarcasm when possible , unlike somebody i know (opps).

This site is fundamentally free to play and they even reward players with small credits. That's the bait to get you in, then feeding on the human competitive spirit, they offer better equipment to improve your scoring and consequently your fun.

Here's a really bad analogy, lets say your granddad died and leaves a car to who ever. one recipient will drive it around and not put any money in to it, after all it was free and if they put money into then its not really free anymore.Another recipient will buy new tires and seat covers, just because it was free.

x1524807 here's a few of your stats,

longest drive 284, average 229, eagals 0, 18 holes played 0, longest put 34 ft, best 9 hole round 33. Alright the reason i did this is because i know you could be having much more fun on this site.

Here's my offer to you, i guarantee to improve your score and whats more important your daily fun and instead of waiting around to beat a crappy master now and again, i'll make sure fun meter goes up not just now and again, but every day.

This is how its going to go down, i am going to invite you as a friend. if you accept which i hope you do, you will receive a pro driver 245 yds for your trouble. If after that you send me a private message saying your fun meter went up, you will receive a spider putter. Then if you let me know that your enjoying yourself more, you will receive a satin wedge 65 yds with a 3 dot back spin.

x15 its up to you, i am sending a friends invite right now.   cheers Griff 

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 3:13 PM

griffygriff:
    x15 its up to you, i am sending a friends invite right now.   cheers Griff 

Hi griff,

tried to post on your wall, but seems that you removed your wall

Some of us are not interested in posting false scores with cheat clubs. My skill level is 70 avg using reg clubs. If you noticed, I have enough credits to upgrade my driver, but have declined because that driver will not increase my skills, it will just give me a better score. In my mind I am not playing for a better score. I am playing to improve my "actual" skill level. In my mind you have a base skill level, and for every new driver, iron or putter that WGT offers my skill level will not improve, but only my score.  Now some of you think that when you buy the big clubs, and your score goes down, that you are improving. I think that you can think that way and I have no problem with you. The problem I have with the masters, or some of them, is they think they have become masters because of skill improvments. Take the steroids away, and some of them would be defeated by a good am.

I thank you for your offer, you have a good heart and know you mean the best, but I have to say, NO THANKS, I am happy beating the masters with my reg clubs, and 0 UPGRADES

RSS