Forums

Help › Forums

For the sandbagger police.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 21 2010 1:51 PM (45 replies)
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 3:37 PM

I hold very strictly to Christian values, which means no cheating.  

I would like to invite you to a Christian CC ! we are called  In His Glorious Name

• bigdogbark
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:14 PM

a great putter is a great putter and birds are there, though not 6 in a round to get to master, so really it's only the driver thats the diff.

• bigdogbark
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:18 PM

yea, which ones... old testament? new testament. c'mon christ's values are invoked by cheaters too. not sayin that 'you' are but invoking them is just fatuous.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:29 PM

X15 + other numbers... you make a good point about skill level and game improvement through clubs.

Here are the things I believe seperates a Master from others:

- A Master has better course knowledge.  It takes a lot of note taking (either on paper or in the brain) to know where to land shots for the best approach and best putt at a birdie.

- A Master has superb course management.  He/she knows when to go for it and when to suck it up and take the par or bogey.

- A Master, yes, has the best gear, generally.  Why not?  In real life I just bought a brand new TaylorMade driver and a couple of Titleist Vokey spin-milled wedges.  A lot of bucks for maybe 1 or 2 fewer strokes per round.  But worth it because one always wants to play to his potential.

- A Master has to put up with a lot from the rest of us.  We accuse him/her of using "cheating" devices.  We accuse him/her of playing too much.  We accuse him/her of buying their good scores.  A Master has to have a thick skin.

- A Master actually has to be better than the rest of us at hitting the ding or masterfully missing the ding.

Okay, back to mowing my lawn.  At which I'm merely an amateur.

-

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:35 PM

Stryder1261:

I hold very strictly to Christian values, which means no cheating.  

I would like to invite you to a Christian CC ! we are called  In His Glorious Name

Actually, Stryder, Porkywalrus is on my friends list.  He was going to invite me to join the cc, but I had started my own.  Thanks for the invite, though.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:36 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^      HUH?

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 4:37 PM

oops posted in wrong place

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 5:08 PM

smason77:
    I doubt most of you have any idea as to how foolish you actually sound.

Calling people fools is only making a fool out of yourself and makes you sound like the stupid one.

CSC

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 5:15 PM

x1524807:

smason77:
    asters... and not on pros who have been "pros" for two years? How the hell do you stay pro for two years..

You do that by simply not buying upgrades. If you will look at the so called masters, they have one thing in common---upgrade clubs and a putter that makes 60 ft ers look like 3 ft ers. The only difference between a master and a pro are the clubs. So now, write me nasty notes

For a player who does not have this equipment to say the upgrade putter makes 30feet putt's look like 3feet puts is ludicrous. How you can form an opinion on something you have never used is just crazy and incorrect. You are entitled to your opinion yes, But it shows your lack of understanding what it takes to play this game.

CSC

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 5:44 PM

x15, i am cool with that, but i would like to point out that each up grade demands a whole new set of skills. You must remember when you up graded from the beginners clubs to the starters that the extra 20 yards gained,  came with a slightly faster meter. Some of the meter speeds on the  masters clubs are about 6x faster than your clubs, so you see there's plenty of new skills and challenges ahead when your ready. Good luck x15 and my offer still stands. Btw i bought a big driver a few months ago and i still can't hit the ding line, unless the meter  jumps or stutters lol.

As for DMM,  thanks for putting another perspective on the matter, and you might be an amature at cutting the grass...... but my guess is your sitting on a professional grade mower thats gets the job done in half the time . So you and your lovely wife have more time for evening c o c ktails, i am i right? Wow that might even be one of life's little lessons. come to think about.  cheers griff

RSS