Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:02 PM
    bump!!!!! bump!!!!
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 8:45 PM

its ok ,thread like this one will always  have a life of its own , And  there always going to be  members  willing to share there life with us all .  That makes this game  so great   ,,,,,  its us  ,and WGT  staff  giving us the oportunity to be share about anything we want in a positive maner .     Some share  quickly , some are more privite   , Its all good in my book .Frapp              I hope this thread has some life left ,cause i look  for it every day ..................       :)

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:01 PM

good readin,,.enjoy'd em all,,, found this late... 

to sleepy to type bio,,, will tomarro

peace.. 

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:27 AM

Which tomorrow is that then lol.

GC. :-)

• Lizard69
    2,006 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:52 AM

My name is Andrew,

I was born in Manchester, England and am 41, turning 42 next month, my family packed up and moved to South Africa when I was 3 and although I have since lived back in the UK (Durham) from '96-2000, I consider myself a Seff Effrican through and through :-)

I have been married twice, divorced twice and am engaged for a 3rd time to a lady 14 years my junior (Lucky me) lol

I have been self employed since I left school, making a fortune in Real Estate, I have been fairly wealthy twice and lost it all twice, many tough lessons learnt along the way.

I have jumped out of a perfectly operational aeroplane in aid of raising funds to help a lady walk again, which she did and it was an emotional moment and one I will never forget.

At the age of 34 (I was fit and healthy) I had a massive heart attack and 2 smaller ones in the 2 months that followed and decided to pack up and move to Cape Town with my then wife (#2), life is alot slower here and I am out of the rat race and basically take a fist full of poison each day to keep my heart going :-) but since I have been here, I haven't had any major issues which is great.

I came across this game via Facebook in 2011, played the Kiawah tutorial I think it was and then figured it was some sort of scam and left, a good friend of mine noticed that I "Liked" WGT on facebook in June of last year and invited me for a game, I was a level 6 hack, He was a Master at the time and taught me alot and kindly bought me my first set of L23 odd Raptures and I was hooked (although no-one wanted to play alt shot with a hack involved lol), much addiction followed and at one stage I was playing 25 ranked rounds a day and spending a ton of money upgrading and gifting clubs, the one thing he didnt tell me about was ready go's/blitz or MPC so I funded myself for months then I joined East Coast cc late October last year and on the 7th of December last year, Cycle1979 convinced me to enter a rg, after much self-doubt and believing myself not good enough I did enter one and to my amazement I won it :-) about a month and God alone knows how many rg's later, I found myself at TL early Jan 2013 and wayyy out of my depth and find that the game is similar to when I was a level 6 hack, I can't get a game very often lately just like back in June lol

I am a hack with a TL badge and unfortunately playing alot less than before as the thrill/challenge is mostly gone.

I'm glad to say one thing, I have met and made some very good friends through WGT and that is probably the only reason that I haven't stopped completely.

Thats me in a nutshell :-)

Peace,

Liz

• why9
    907 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 7:51 AM

hi  ren 

renniw52:
    We started out with absolutely nothing and have made it work. Has it been easy? Hell no.

first .. this is a wonderful thread you started here after reading thru felt like it wouldn't be fair to not share a Lil of my self  no matter how uninteresting it may be sooooo...     my name is  Kenny  dba "why9"  .  39 years old and together with my wife of 20 years parent to three of the most polite respectful teenagers you will ever meet . we live on the new jersey shore as i have my entire life . I'm a carpenter by trade and have been since i was 15 yrs old almost 25 yrs now ugg . like you i started with  nothing but we are making it work .i have made plenty of poor decisions and for me retirement means  falling down and droping dead on the job . i came to wgt  Thru  recommendation by a Friend who i was playing on line poker  with .  really enjoyed playing here alot at first  but soon found my self frustrated by misplaced shots. well no more .  i am  not going to pay attn to the score any longer  but instead focus on enjoying a good game of golf with good people .  what else is there ? good people .good food. , good fun i couldn't ask for anything more .

xxwhy9xx   (*¿*)  ,lll

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 9:11 AM

TY members for keeping this thread  going ,i love to read  your stories , and hope this will give other members a chance to share .                        Frapp

• craigswan
    31,067 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:30 PM

I,m craig from st andrews in scotland . I,m not good enough at real golf to play the open course but a couple of times a week i walk my dog alfie to the back 9 , let him pee on a green and hit a few shots with my putter for nothing . Never been caught yet .

I hit the big 40 in july but since i holiday abroad every year i am never at home to celebrate my birthday . I love travelling . Graduated from europe to the carribean and then found east and west coasts of the states . Hitting the gulf coast of florida and las vegas this year .

Served my time as an engineer but now i  teach engineering at an adult college . Happily married , our son has just left home to further his career in saudi arabia . He tells me he has just met the bin laden family and they are all good guys except for the one bad apple . They ordered 30 million dollars of trucks and diggers from him and paid on the spot with a gold credit card .That should help his annual bonus .

I,m a bit of a comedian on here and are always posting funny gifs and jokes.

I feel i almost know some of you guys just from the forum .

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:44 PM

why9 and Craig, great to see some new additions to this thread. I figured it had gone south with my birdie putts. I still have a few hundred of your jokes filed Craig, back during my Alley Cat days.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 21 2013 10:03 AM

Update on Let's Be Honest. 9 days after starting this, the company I worked for basically told me I was too old for them now. Handed me papers to sign with a non-compete clause and a form to sign where I would not sue them for age discrimination. Well all righty then. I was the catalyst of their industrial coatings division and they want me to sign a legal document saying I won't work for 2 years, in the field I have been in for over 30 years. I didn't get a kiss first, no fancy dinner, just bent over without any lube. Oh well, the rest of my life is the same at the moment, never say die, and learn to love the VEM.

RSS