Forums

Help › Forums

Criteria for reaching "LEGEND"???

Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:20 AM (26 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:05 PM

I realize that WGT does NOT puplish ANY criteria for reaching ANY of the various tiers....you pretty much have to ask members, as they usually know the answers.

When I was a TM.....I was informed by a LEGEND friend of mine...that I'd have to play a minimum of (400) ranked rounds to be eligible to go for LEGEND....which, I did.  Then, I had to play several more rounds (to work my average down to that magic number of 61.00......but, I had to hit at least (20) 9 hole rounds of (30 scores) - that's 6 birdies & 3 pars.  I now have almost 1,100 rounds (almost 600 as a LEGEND).

I found another LEGEND's profile today.....with a 68.5 avg. (close to mine), but, that member only has a TOTAL of 213 rounds!!!  Really?  How did this member reach LEGEND?

Also...I was told that as a LEGEND, after you hit (500) rounds as a LEGEND.....WGT will stabilize your average....so, that it no longer will go UP....only DOWN....as long as you hit good scores.  But, I'm amost 100 rounds past those 500...and my avg. has definitely NOT stabilized.

Anyone think that "maybe"........WGT is changing the rules on us (without notice)???

And.....my STATS are NOT accurate....my putting STAT seems to be the only STAT that has changed in the past 6 months.......the other STATS have remained unchanged for some reason. 

Just very curious, that's all.

• brooksnelson
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:10 PM

You can now reach legend by beating Legends in Match Play,Which is how I achieved it.i defeated 14 Legends and only have 88 ranked rounds.WGT cahanged the rules..they figure if you are good enough to beat-em ,well you can join em!!

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:44 PM

you need only a minimum of 50 rounds played as a TM (9 or 18 or a mix of both) and a 61 average to get to legend...and people think the rounds needed to stabilize a legend average increased after the tour legend tier was introduced

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:54 PM

BOBTX61:
    Anyone think that "maybe"........WGT is changing the rules on us (without notice)???

Maybe just you :)

The criteria for advancing in tiers is no known publicly. WGT players have made educated guesses throughout the years, so if you see someone giving you this information in a thread, know that it is not accurate.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 5:57 PM

deleted.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 8:43 PM

Legend can be made in 150 ranked rounds. I made it in 154. Also i think average saturation is stupid IMO. Averages should remain real, but then WGT would not make as much money if players did not move up. 

If averages were real, would not have half of legends we have now, not to mention Tour legends.

I wish WGT did away with average saturation. Would show the true legends of the game. Right now WGT has way to many legends who do not belong in legend tier. Very easy too see also, shame really.

Also, i can not see WGT changing any rules regarding this, if they did i would say less rounds to reach given tier. Remember, its all about the money.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2013 10:08 PM

geraldlarousse:
    Legend can be made in 150 ranked rounds. I made it in 154. Also i think average saturation is stupid IMO. Averages should remain real, but then WGT would not make as much money if players did not move up. 

Think that is not possible now G ? and they can't really make money of legends as they offer us nothing every month !!

But I agree with the no saturation thing..I'll be T/Legend in 7 days if I want, but I don't think I deserve that badge as I play all my CC comps (to be a good member) and most are played on non legend greens (obviously)....

So, not that I will not be able to 'hold my own' as I'm saturated and my Ave is plummeting , but the new 'plastic' legends will find it hard to even compete...

When I 1st moved up from T/Master, everyone I played against was better than me and had some pearls of wisdom to pass on but in the last 2 months it's become a joke in Alt .....some 'new' legends are so bad they annoy you !! as having that badge I expect a certain standard of play , which they are not able to fulfill.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 1:15 AM

alcaucin:

geraldlarousse:

Think that is not possible now G ? and they can't really make money of legends as they offer us nothing every month !!

But I agree with the no saturation thing..I'll be T/Legend in 7 days if I want, but I don't think I deserve that badge as I play all my CC comps (to be a good member) and most are played on non legend greens (obviously)....

So, not that I will not be able to 'hold my own' as I'm saturated and my Ave is plummeting , but the new 'plastic' legends will find it hard to even compete...

When I 1st moved up from T/Master, everyone I played against was better than me and had some pearls of wisdom to pass on but in the last 2 months it's become a joke in Alt .....some 'new' legends are so bad they annoy you !! as having that badge I expect a certain standard of play , which they are not able to fulfill.

Yes Andy, but what i was talking about was buying equipment. From tour master tees, i did not need the clubs i have now, so would not have needed a upgrade. I had the old level 59 g10s from which on those tees were all i needed.

R11s in my opinion are only needed from back tee. So for a lot of players that would never tier up without saturation would not buy them.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 2:01 PM

Well........I do believe you "brooksnelson".....interesting & CONGRATS!  But, according to what WGTpizza stated here......I should consider any info. I learn on these threads as............"not accurate"....*smile*

And, I definitely AGREE.....if you can defeat that many LEGENDS, you deserve to be a LEGEND...nice going!

Bob

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 3:38 PM

Smoke-bombs alla casa have been seen around.

Apparently we do not know exactly how "beating Legends" or winning credits influences the average. OTOH, the "regular/traditional" calculus for the average has been noted here precisely a few times.

Silent and Brooks are precise in numbers (50/61) and mechanisms, correcting some of your guesses.

Alas, your 500 was correct AFAIK :)

RSS