Forums

Help › Forums

Criteria for reaching "LEGEND"???

Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:20 AM (26 replies)
  • RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 6:31 PM

BOBTX61:

I realize that WGT does NOT puplish ANY criteria for reaching ANY of the various tiers....you pretty much have to ask members, as they usually know the answers.

When I was a TM.....I was informed by a LEGEND friend of mine...that I'd have to play a minimum of (400) ranked rounds to be eligible to go for LEGEND....which, I did.  Then, I had to play several more rounds (to work my average down to that magic number of 61.00......but, I had to hit at least (20) 9 hole rounds of (30 scores) - that's 6 birdies & 3 pars.  I now have almost 1,100 rounds (almost 600 as a LEGEND).

I found another LEGEND's profile today.....with a 68.5 avg. (close to mine), but, that member only has a TOTAL of 213 rounds!!!  Really?  How did this member reach LEGEND?

Also...I was told that as a LEGEND, after you hit (500) rounds as a LEGEND.....WGT will stabilize your average....so, that it no longer will go UP....only DOWN....as long as you hit good scores.  But, I'm amost 100 rounds past those 500...and my avg. has definitely NOT stabilized.

Anyone think that "maybe"........WGT is changing the rules on us (without notice)???

And.....my STATS are NOT accurate....my putting STAT seems to be the only STAT that has changed in the past 6 months.......the other STATS have remained unchanged for some reason. 

Just very curious, that's all.

Wish I knew what the formula is..I have over 2300 ranked rounds,and still trying,,Been a long time on these tees and looking for a different view,even though longer...Good Luck                                                                                         Ron

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 7:12 PM

6 OUT OF 7 DWARFS ARE NOT HAPPY T-SHIRT

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:49 PM

RonCarr:
       Wish I knew what the formula is..I have over 2300 ranked rounds,and still trying,,Been a long time on these tees and looking for a different view,even though longer...Good Luck                                                                                         Ron
    For you, a TM with 61.08 ave. and a score record longer than the score history, it's only possible if you stored all your TM ranked round scores. You'd have to multiply the 9 hole scores by 2, take the 50 best numbers and calculate their average.

Add the hidden scores of last Summer's Nation tournaments if applicable.

Not having won any matches against higher tiers in the last six months eliminates this possible influence. Did you win any money in that time? If no, it's a perfect match.

Alas, being so close to the threshold of 61 makes it easy again:

Playing max. 4 rounds of 30 (31?) or better will push you up, as will one match win against a Legend. As a guess, any credits won in an RG or match would do, too.

Did you notice how much your ave. changed from the last 31 yesterday?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:59 PM

Just beat a Legend in match-play and you're there. Pick one with poor putting stats.

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 3:56 AM

alosso wrote:::Did you notice how much your ave. changed from the last 31 yesterday? 

It moved .06 from that 31

Thanks all for the help and words of encouragement

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:18 AM

RonCarr:

Did you notice how much your ave. changed from the last 31 yesterday?

It moved .06 from that 31

o.k.

So the 31 replaced a 34, shaving off 3 strokes / 50 (scores) = 0.06

So the 31 = 62 replaced a 65, shaving off 3 strokes / 50 (scores) = 0.06

Thus, only scores of 64 (32) and better will affect your average.

The further outcome depends on the remaining numbers in the mix. Depending on that, the average will probably move more than I guessed in the first place.

• DerekRFC
    26 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 3:17 PM

how am i supposed to know if i am close to reaching legend. where does it tell you how many rounds youve played

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:08 PM
    DerekRFC:

how am i supposed to know if i am close to reaching legend. where does it tell you how many rounds youve played

You haven't played any ranked rounds as a Tour Master. You need to play 50 and have an average of 61 to make it to the Legend tier. Click on the stats tab on your profile page to see your details.
  • hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2015 10:58 PM

Up to and including TourMaster you can see how many Ranked Rounds you have played by looking at your score history.

History will show you your last 200 games - but there will be CTTH as well as Stroke games. 

It shows the tier you were when you played each round. Simply go down the dates  to where it shows the last rounds were played as a Master - and then count the rounds moving back up to the top to see how many Stroke rounds you have played. Skip over the BOP3 and BOP5 rounds as they do not count.

If you really want you can enter them into a Spreadsheet and see your BEST rounds that count to your average if you are saturated - and work out exactly what you need.

Of course this does not work if you need 500 RRs as L or TL, as history is only 200 scores. But no problem for TM and below.

WGT will also promote based on good play - they do not reveal how, when, or why. But if you consistently beat TLs, win on the Virtual Tour etc....    then you might just find you are bumped up before the RRs and average are hit.

However - if you are too caught up in averages - you are probably not enjoying the game!!!   Have fun and unless you are a numbers junky like me and insane - forget the average and just play golf!

• Kenbo00
    434 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2017 3:53 AM

Currently... if you only play ranked rounds, it takes 50 rounds to be fully saturated and your average can only drop. That being said... I think it's harder to reach a 61 average than most people think.

RSS