Forums

Help › Forums

NEW MATINENCE

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 16 2010 4:44 PM (20 replies)
  • Mem11
    199 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 9:33 PM

VHL, My meter has been working better then every over the last few days.  Like you I never really had a problem, occasional glitch here and there, but now hardly any problems at all.  The two things I've done in the past week is upgrade my video card drivers and downloaded and install that program Richard has been recommending Leatrix latency . 

I initially upgraded my video card drivers to another version and then upgraded flash to 10.1, but it caused my avatar to lag, the meter worked fine though, so I downgraded back to 10.0 and everything went back to normal.  Unfortunately the new drivers started causing BSOD in other applications, so I went back to the last working drivers.  A few days later Nvidia came out with new drivers for my card , so I upgraded again and everything is working fine.  I haven't tried upgrading to flash 10.1 again, but will at some point.

If you upgraded to flash 10.1, I would suggest going back to 10.0, hopefully that will fix things for you.  You might also want to try upgrading your video card drivers to the latest version and maybe try Leatrix latency.  Good Luck.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 10:05 PM

Ask Niv VHL  there is no problem, as testers of this game shouldn't we be privy to some of the programming that happens here. No this wont happen as they'd have no excuses for the fact that with every bit of maintenance or updates the game gets progressively  worse.

I believe for this reason the excuses given by WGT can not be accepted as any more than a blow off. I cuold shoot 68 with wallmart clubs but 6months on im lucky to shoot par with pings g10's. I realy do believe that in time this game will ruin its self. 

Game loads take longer with every update and course additions also the disturbance caused by the chat feature ruining many shots so players can chat or deliberately type to wreck a shot. While players complain about the meter WGT in all there wisdom release clubs with an even faster meter, yes business is about making money i agree but customer satisfaction should be up there as well. This game is no longer realistic at all IMO. WGT are you still looking into the meter issues of course not you are to busy playing with your paint program drawing avatars and vapor trail balls i am sorry but you guys are loosing your way big time.

If it helps VHL ive had the same issues and they fixed themselves miraculously without me doing a thing.

WGT honesty is the best policy in business. If you let us (the players) know a little bit more about the program we can stop guessing and get on with making this game great, think about it you will make mountains of cash anyway.

CSC

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 11:09 AM

Thanks for the additions Mem11,

Leatrix - I am testing it on a different computer and will hold off on passing judgment until I see what it can and can not do. One word of caution, it is a VBScript. VBS is one of the 'hacks' main passkey into your system, and I will not run it on a networked system, or any system that I use that it either online, or contains valuable data, without seeing what it does first/ I'm not saying this program is bad, I'm just saying that anyone should be VERY cautious about running anything without proper testing, and any VBScript should make a user very nervous. VBScripts can be very powerful indeed, but that goes both directions, unfortunately.

After upgrading my video drivers, I have ran this game on several different browsers and testing it under the new flash version as well as the old. I have seen slight deviations but not anything that jumps out at me and says, 'That was it'. I have seen a couple others who have had similar issues that seemed to have worked themselves out, so I am still hopeful...

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 12:05 PM

VHL, I hear ya - when I saw it was a VBScript I was a little leery too.  I did some research and while many are rightfully as skeptical as you, the consensus seem to be that it's safe and it does what it claims it can do.  Would be very interested in your opinion after you've tested it.  

Oh and I forgot to mention, I also upgraded direct x at another posters suggestion, that may have helped, not sure what direct x has to do with flash, but it certainly couldn't hurt. Good Luck and Thanks.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 5:06 PM

Richard4168:

VHL, you sound like, "woe is me". That doesn't even seem possible my friend. You seem to have a major problem with your computer.  : )

Good luck friend.

Sorry Rich but he doesn't its happening to lots of players me included.

CSC

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:45 PM

CSC, no offence intended but you have played 11 rounds in June.   Your score history would suggest that you have always had a meter issue or you just like to stir the pot so to speak.

All your posts are negative toward WGT and their actions taken towards these issues.  We all experience them,  some more then others, but your score history would suggest that you have never been that much lower then your current scores, so what's the issue?

chipshotcharlie:

CSC

Tell us all, please!  Instead of complaining ask for some help!

Cheers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 8:30 PM

b0geybuster:
    CSC, no offence intended but you have played 11 rounds in June.

Heh-that's because he's out everyday playing the real McCoy with his brand new clubs.Pings, aren't they Charlie?  I've played with chipshotcharlie since he was flubshotcharlie and he speaks his piece from his experience. Sometimes it takes a few reads to get what he's saying but it's usually right on.  :-)

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 5:31 AM

I believe most of this is due to the flash player, updated mine and I could not even get onto the WGT sight ! spent a good day uninstalling, re-installing, uninstalling and sending my pc to a restore point a week old. finally got to WGT but when I started play the screen locked. closed everything out and stopped, so frustrated.

The good news is I got on this A.M. and it's back to normal !!

see ya on the course !!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:27 PM

Stryder1261:
    The good news is I got on this A.M. and it's back to normal !!

See what loving Jesus will do for you?

Your right though Stryder. Some members are having a conflict with the new flash version for the simple fact that the new flash player version (10.1) doesn't necessarily support integrated graphics along with some dedicated graphic cards with the improper drivers installed. 

FireFox browser however has updated their plug-in to except the new flash player version. This could be where the confusion is coming from.  : )

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:11 PM

b0geybuster:

CSC, no offence intended but you have played 11 rounds in June.   Your score history would suggest that you have always had a meter issue or you just like to stir the pot so to speak.

All your posts are negative toward WGT and their actions taken towards these issues.  We all experience them,  some more then others, but your score history would suggest that you have never been that much lower then your current scores, so what's the issue?

chipshotcharlie:

CSC

Tell us all, please!  Instead of complaining ask for some help!

Cheers

11 That i could finish, I have used all the help they can provide and found very little of it useful. The issue is id like to shoot lower but due to game issues am finding it very frustrating at the moment.

BTW are you on the pay roll, ill say what i feel if you dont like dont read.

PS Thank YJ people just think by looking at stats they know whats going on but in reality these stats provide very little knowledge of a players true ability.

Hey bogey send me a invite and ill take you for a stroll then make your opinion. If you are ever down under let me know and we will play real golf and ill show you a nice course then kick your but on it unless you can shoot scratch golf then it may be interesting but i doubt it.

take care CSC

RSS