Help › Forums

It's Not Even Fair nor Realistic

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:10 AM (45 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 5:42 PM

MizzBowhunter:

This still is the best golf game online.  Hands down.  And I think that shooting -4 on a tough course like Oakmont is very realistic.  I am just dissappointed with always having to compare my scores which are realistic to unrealistic scores.  I think there is an elite group of about 25 people here that can consitantly "beat" the game.  I would love to see them play against each other, and the rest of us Masters who have 65-68 averages play against each other in  tournaments.  That is all. 

I know many good players who have walked away from this game because they have lost the competitive drive to play due to the unrealistic scores they have to compare to.  Hate to see that happen any more.

Not diggin at the elite players on here.  Kudos to them for figuring it out.  I would just like to have some more competitive tournaments for us average masters.

Very well put and I agree 100% though I think the group of Elite is much bigger with a small group who always rise to the top within that group. 

This is where a new tier is badly  needed as well as the hopefully coming soon handicap system with handicap tourneys where we can all compete together on the "same field".  (though they really need to think about anti-sandbagging things to put in place like ONLY basing the handicap on tounament scores, etc etc) 

Your right about people leaving, I have seen some of my friends disappear and I do believe you have the reasoning right.  Lately, I feel I am not far behind them....

• kidslice83
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jun 26 2010 7:12 PM

geez I just slammed a 6-iron 195 yards at BPB. I have ping clubs now, but even when I was using starters I was shooting solid 70's

• Klaw77
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:18 AM

it seems very unrealistic and the shots that i hit on a real golf course don't compute here.

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 11:19 AM

Why doesn't wgt come up with a handicapping system even tho there are baggers out there ,seems to me the only way foe everyone to compete.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:37 AM

Chazzz7:

Why doesn't wgt come up with a handicapping system even tho there are baggers out there ,seems to me the only way foe everyone to compete.

Chaz, check out http://golfseeker.co.uk

They use a handicap system so all can compete fairly.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 7:28 AM

YankeeJim:

He left out the hard stuff. No back 9 at BPB or even a mention of Oakmont. 

Probably is too busy ranting to play those two. lol oh well what can we do?

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 7:30 AM

Chazzz7:

check out this forum http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/15309.aspx

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 8:07 AM

Snaike, that link you gave to Chazz for Golfseeker was a bad one. I FTFY. lol!  : )

Chazz, you can find Golfseeker here.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jul 14 2010 9:48 AM

Thanks Richard....  it's fixed now for anyone else.  Seems I missed the 'o' in .co.uk...  =)

• snowdog650
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jul 17 2010 2:15 PM

Some of the comments here are nearly laughable.  Realistic?  It's a VIDEO GAME.  How realistic is it that I can play for a couple of months and now consistently shoot in the high 60's at St. Andrews?  Would that happen in real life?  Has anyone been watching the Open?

And then the comments telling people that they have no talent.  Hilarious.  Again ... it is a VIDEO GAME.  Those who rip others for not being as "talented" in WGT as they are probably the same person who has never shot below 100 in real life.

And finally, to the OP ... I agree, it can be frustrating, and I'm not going to tell you how to think or what to feel.  But in my experience, I remember being a hack and shooting in the 80's against Pros who were shooting low 70's.  I thought that was going to be unobtainable.  Now, I just got Master status and shoot in the mid 60's - low 70's more times than not, and I sometimes play against people who smoke me.  I don't get all bent out of shape over it.  I just try to improve.  I watch what the better players do, and try to replicate their good shots to complement my own play. 

As far as dividing the field into different groups for tournaments because we have some folks who are VERY, VERY good at this game is also a mistake, I think.  At the US Open did they have a separate tournament for Tiger, Lefty, and Stricker ... then the rest of the field?  Does Wimbledon have a separate tournament for Nadal and Federer, and another for the rest?  In real life, the best way to improve your game is to be thoroughly challenged.  Whether that is by tough conditions or against the best players out there ... it is all the same.

In the end ... this is a video game.  It shouldn't be 100% realistic ... if it were, I would be shooting 80's and 90's and breaking clubs.  If the game causes too much stress in your life because you feel wronged every time you play, then maybe it is time to move on to another source of entertainment.

RSS