Forums

Help › Forums

It's Not Even Fair nor Realistic

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:10 AM (45 replies)
  • Olds24
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:34 PM

Been playing this for quite some time now. Can shoot well under par on St. Andrews and Kiawah and the front 9 on Bethpage. Playing with purchased clubs and balls. The fact of the matter is that unless you are extremely lucky with clubs that you are "allowed" to purchase, you can't post solid numbers on the other courses.

Clubs don't go the yardage stated (and yes that is with wind calculated into the swing), putting spin on the ball does minimal good and delicate chips don't even get to the green due to some bug.

Hole 14 (I think this is the one on Bethpage) is not even par-able typically unless you have  20 mph wind behind you and drive the ball to a point where you can hit a wedge. Otherwise, it's impossible. If i have a 7 iron in my hand every day of the week from 165 uphill I will at least reach the green in a real outside golf day. In this game, you barely make it over the bunker and have to pray your chip, flop or regular hit goes as far as it tells you it will (yes...rough taken into equation).

It's a great game, in theory, but too many "unrealistic" things for me to pass along to people to try out let alone get addicted.

It's also not realistic when folks can fire 52's to 59's all day, everyday. If you are going to make it unrealistic and impossible for folks like me that play a lot, but can't cash out due to the **** that is this game in reference to not being able to purchase proper equipment due to level status, than at least make it impossible for those who seem to fire 15 under par on the worlds most difficult courses.  

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:52 PM

Non-sense... 

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 3:45 PM

What she said ^ 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:14 PM

He left out the hard stuff. No back 9 at BPB or even a mention of Oakmont. 

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:37 PM

Rrrrr   mee cannon fires where i am.   But mee ship is tilted.   HA

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:31 PM

tiffer67:

What he said ^ 

She said ,  but thnx.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:09 PM

YankeeJim:

He left out the hard stuff. No back 9 at BPB or even a mention of Oakmont. 

Hole 14 (I think this is the one on Bethpage) is not even par-able

Read it again YJ...I mean, it's not worth ya time though, cause it's just like all the other ramblings of how hard GOLF is... 

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:30 PM

Olds24:

The fact of the matter is that unless you are extremely lucky with clubs that you are "allowed" to purchase, you can't post solid numbers on the other courses.

Huh?

Olds24:

Hole 15 (I think this is the one on Bethpage) is not even par-able typically unless you have  20 mph wind behind you and drive the ball to a point where you can hit a wedge. Otherwise, it's impossible. If i have a 7 iron in my hand every day of the week from 165 uphill I will at least reach the green in a real outside golf day. In this game, you barely make it over the bunker and have to pray your chip, flop or regular hit goes as far as it tells you it will (yes...rough taken into equation).

FTFY

Olds24:

It's also not realistic when folks can fire 52's to 59's all day, everyday. If you are going to make it unrealistic and impossible for folks like me that play a lot, but can't cash out due to the **** that is this game in reference to not being able to purchase proper equipment due to level status, than at least make it impossible for those who seem to fire 15 under par on the worlds most difficult courses.  

This isn't a problem with the game... rather, you have a serious case of L.O.F.T (lack of (F) Talent).

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:46 PM

Seem like the guy have forgotten the all important 5 P's -

Patience, Perserverance and Practice, Practice and more Practice !!!

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 10:53 PM

TheAceFactor:

tiffer67:

What he said ^ 

She said ,  but thnx.

Begging your forgiveness m'lady.

RSS