Help › Forums

It's Not Even Fair nor Realistic

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:10 AM (45 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:40 AM

KingOfTheCourse:
      So my point is it's entirely possible to shot under par with the starter clubs.

I'll vouch for this. Friggin guy is filthy with the starter wedges-damn near holed 3 of them in a match with me.     ;-)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:42 AM

YankeeJim:
    but it's nice to keep harping on it-it might.  

I wouldn't say harping persay, just reminding 'em in case they forgot...I had about a 20ft putt on KW 17 and my "normal view" (oxymoron there) had me on the TEE BOX...What's that shot, 190yds?...If that's a normal view, I would hate to see an abnormal view...lol

I have had this happen more than once, and it's been like that since I joined last OCT.

I can get on the green by putting it in the reverse view but that's not the point.I still can't read the putt from both angles.

That makes a lot of differense on some putts...<O><O>...

• bserowinski
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:15 AM

Olds24:
     If i have a 7 iron in my hand every day of the week from 165 uphill I will at least reach the green in a real outside golf day. In this game, you barely make it over the bunker and have to pray your chip, flop or regular hit goes as far as it tells you it will (yes...rough taken into equation).

Maybe you should throw a 6 iron at it?  No sympathy from me.  I'm using starters for the most part and happy when I can use a iron at all on 15 at BPB.  This is a game, just because you can't beat every level doesn't mean you *** about it.  Keep practicing.

• MizzBowhunter
    153 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:41 AM

This still is the best golf game online.  Hands down.  And I think that shooting -4 on a tough course like Oakmont is very realistic.  I am just dissappointed with always having to compare my scores which are realistic to unrealistic scores.  I think there is an elite group of about 25 people here that can consitantly "beat" the game.  I would love to see them play against each other, and the rest of us Masters who have 65-68 averages play against each other in  tournaments.  That is all. 

I know many good players who have walked away from this game because they have lost the competitive drive to play due to the unrealistic scores they have to compare to.  Hate to see that happen any more.

Not diggin at the elite players on here.  Kudos to them for figuring it out.  I would just like to have some more competitive tournaments for us average masters.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:50 AM

Hey MBH,

You can set up your own tourney in "Community Run Tournaments" and gather up a group of people that fit your criteria...Most of the elite keep they're average where it's really at...Unbelieveable...lol...Just joking elite, ya'll really good, i was just saying ya wouldn't be sandbagging just to ruin her tourney...I know that there is a sandbagging problem around here...But ya might get lucky and find some REAL honest people to compete with...Just a thought...

Larry

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 10:37 AM
    Australia
    06-22-2010 6:46 PM

Seem like the guy have forgotten the all important 5 P's -

Patience, Perserverance and Practice, Practice and more Practice !!!

I think Vic meant the 5 D's .... Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and ... ... ... Dodge

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 1:10 PM

there is an elite group of about 25 people here that can consitantly "beat" the game.  I would love to see them play against each other.

They just did, WMPL finished up last week.

Lou, leave the duck out of this. :)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 2:24 PM

Look what you've done now Lou, the duck is going after your butt for sure ! lol ! lmao

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:17 PM

watsamatauall:

This game is easy. Never had a meter glitch. I always shoot way under par. Putting is too simple. And my avatar looks great. I think WGT is as easy as the real game of golf and wouldn't change a dedgum thing.

O SORRY WRONG FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cmon folks every dog has his day. Just some dogs are better breeds for golf. No possible way anybody can practice more than I do at real golf or this game (and maintain a job). I guess that makes me a mutt cuz I like to get beat to death for screwing up. But take it in stride and the next round may be better. Just don't chase the cars cuz they will run over ya. Yes and you big SUV's know who ya are so there's no need to call them out. But on occasion the big car takes the ditch and the dog walks away the victor. On the other hand there are numerous pga tour pro's that have never finished top 10 in a tourny. But they keep playing.

Happy hitting

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:48 PM

jasondement:
    On the other hand there are numerous pga tour pro's that have never finished top 10 in a tourny. But they keep playing.

That's the best way I have heard it explained so far...Now who could possibly Dis' agree wit Dat???

LMAO

RSS