Forums

Help › Forums

Why we hate Soccer and the World Cup...

Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:16 PM (73 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:23 PM

Snaike why do you take things so personal in these forums?

I knew exactly what you meant...heck I quoted it.

And you should've realized what I meant.

"Most" sports fans watch those events ...but between "episodes" can't really tell you how a person or team got there.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:31 PM

BOFFMEN:

can't really tell you how a person or team got there.

I can...That's an easy one...By winning of course..

.Don't take it personal...lol

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:41 PM

neildiamond11790:

Golf, tennis being the top 2, meanwhile they are the hardest sports for a person out of all the top sports.  I am not arguing that with anyone, think about it in terms of talent, skill, opponents, responsibility.

Well since I know you won't argue that with anyone...lol...

Out of all the major sports...there is only one ...that when you are on offense you are not in control of the ball/puck .

And now you have to make a spilt second decision and if you guess right there is still 9 guys waiting for it.

sorry off topic.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:45 PM

GITrDONE:

.Don't take it personal...lol

Never do...l am guilty of making people laugh and enjoying it when they make me laugh, however.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:54 PM

BOFFMEN:
    however.

I'm guilty of Redneckism is that good or bad...???

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:18 PM

neildiamond11790:

IVA thongon, regarding your #2 reason that can apply to any sport.  Baseball, you watch for 3 hours, its 0-0, nobody can hit the broadside of the barn, if you dont know baseball, is that a good game or a bad game?

Football, scoreless through the first half (1.5 hours it seems like these days), offense doing nothing, defense playing ok, but if you dont know football, is that a good game?

Hockey, 0-0 again, having problem following tiny puck around the ice, all these lines all over the place, seems like to many people in too small a place.  Is that a good game or a bad game?

Only a few sports can guarantee a score.  Others to the untrained eye are all boring.  Golf, tennis being the top 2, meanwhile they are the hardest sports for a person out of all the top sports.  I am not arguing that with anyone, think about it in terms of talent, skill, opponents, responsibility.

Hockey translates poorly to television, as well. Anyone of my american friends that don't get it have never seen it live. Once they have, they love the game. I am baised, because hockey is a birthright if you are born in Canada.

I don't really agree with with you about watching any other sport and not knowing if you're seeing a good game though. You could watch a hockey game for a couple hours, not see any goals, but still see something exciting. Soccer, you literally could watch for an hour, and not even see the net come into view.

I'm not putting soccer down or anything. They are good athletes, and some of them are pretty cute, but not a lot there to catch my interest. Perhaps seeing a big game live would change that for me.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 5:14 PM

Not to mention that soccer/football has tons of moment i find just sad sad sad

anyone who gets bumped into inside the box goes down automatically and pretends as if they were just shot with a shotgun at point blank range all in hopes of a penalty kick. Its like watching little kids play the game

what a shame

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:01 PM

10 minutes of Football.....kick pass pass pass tackle free kick header tackle pass throw in chest knee volley.......pass flop free kick shoot save kick chase run forward run back run forward again tackle foul....yellow card  pass missed tackle kick run run shot save corner kick everybody falls down kick header run run pass pass tackle foul wall shot save cross bar header pass dribble missed tackle missed tackle shot wait wait wait ...GOAL....GGOAL...GOALLLLLLL

10 minutes of American Football........kick run catch run missed tackle run tackle celebration high fives chest bump more celebration......pizza hut buy two medium pizza get one free..geico were a 15 minute phone call can save you 15%or more on your car insurance......if  you had a choice between going bold and a full head of hair which would you choose...Bosley hair restoration, its a clinically proven, permanent hair loss solution. Call now for your free No obligation information kit the number is  1-800 BOLDY *** or just visit us on the web.........How can style this hot be so affordable, because Ashley furniture Home Store designs, builds and delivers so you save money and don't forget our July the 4th sale......We now offer phone service for $1.70 a month with Magic Jack, that's just $19.95 a year. make us your new phone company or just add a second line .....Law and order criminal intent back to back episodes monday night  starting 12eastern 11 central after the game.

And were back on Monday night football Miami have the ball but it looks like Buffalo have taken their first time out.........could switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?...doe's Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle.

Times up

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:10 PM

griffygriff:
    doe's Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle.

You damn right he does!...And all American sports are EXACTLY as you have described...Worthless, as opposed to another worn out add "Priceless"

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 4:46 AM

Btw the above post is meant to be a funny, note the lack of sarcasm. Just trying to lighten up this thread a bit.

RSS