Help › Forums

Game gets tougher at -3

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 20 2009 6:02 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2009 10:40 PM

I've been playing allot of rounds..and I swear the game either gets tougher if you get to -3..it almost cheats you imo..anyone else notice this?

• captainchris
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2009 9:42 PM

-3?? you should be so lucky! I've been playing alot of rounds myself, and I think the best I've ever done was -2! since then I seem to be getting worse. I am very  frustrated with skips in program and so called perfect shots being more than not perfect! I'm about ready to give up on this game. Good luck to you all. and by the way how do you guys keep shooting so low consistantly on your rounds and closest to the hole tournys? Have you figured out a way to ALWAYS shoot perfect shots?!

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2009 4:40 AM

Well for one, looks like you've recently been promoted to the Amateur Tier (Welcome!) and as a result, you get moved back a set of tees, so yes, it is going to get harder until you become accustomed to the new distances.

Have fun!

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2009 12:22 PM

I'm not talking about the distance changes and such...I'm saying a say 78 yard shot hit perfectly..will come up 5 yards short..and yes I'm taking wind..elevation and shot type into the equation.The other day..I'm at -3 on 15..I have a 20 foot putt..and they give me the 60 foot putter..why?I'm convinced the game gives you the shaft. 

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2009 7:18 PM

Try having a 25 footer up 5 with only a 30 putter offered...

Frustrating at least....

Shot my best round of 5 under and haven't been there since.

Still keep coming back though...

Enjoy your play

Mike

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2009 9:12 PM

ShawnVanPar:

Your intelligence is scary! You and only you have uncovered the dastardly plot to frustrate the world of online golfers.. The skips.. the wind changes.. the inaccurate distances.. Just this weekend I was playing a round at my home corse and thought to myself... "If I could be as good as I am on WGT I would be on the PGA tour!" You my wise friend must be a PGA pro AND some kind of online investigator to uncover this evil deed by these good people.... or are they? ( stay tuned )

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2009 9:52 PM

I'm not a pro...or an investigator but I watch CSI Miami..and I did stay at a holiday inn express the other night.

• Sam2golf
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2009 10:06 AM

That is to funny !

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 3:42 PM

I find I do better when I play the game really f'in fast...when I play slow and over think my shots I do worse. Goin with my quick gut instincts!

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2009 8:20 PM

I agree..kinda like the real game really.

• PAGES
RSS