Forums

Help › Forums

What Clubs?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:05 AM (3 replies)
  • GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 12:30 AM

I may be in a position to make another purchase to upgrade certain clubs again and want to make sure i make the right choices.

First of all i want to know what clubs the experts think i should carry? do i drop/improve the hybrid and carry an extra wedge? appreciate suggestions.

I am still carrying my beginner hybrid and beginner LW and SW, i have just looked at wedges and apart from thedegree of loft i cannot make out what kind of wedge they are?

I also want something with a slow swing meter, so product and clubs to carry suggestions will be most appreciated.

Cheers

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 1:36 AM

I suggest getting some pro wedges. You will be amazed at the accuracy they will give you.

As far as getting other clubs you might as well just wait until you turn master.

Hope this helped  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 8:12 AM

Garry-Go by the yardage gaps under your set PW. With the exception of 2 of the wedges, all of them are available to you and it can be the last time you spend money on them because they will last. They will make a huge difference. Pay attention to the spin dots and the accuracy dots. Unfortunately, the meter will throw you for a while but balls can slow them down until you get comfortable.

Be sure to factor in what the clubs can do with the different shots (flop, pitch, etc.) These charts will help you a lot. GL

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6927.aspx?PageIndex=1

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:05 AM

YankeeJim:

Garry-Go by the yardage gaps under your set PW. With the exception of 2 of the wedges, all of them are available to you and it can be the last time you spend money on them because they will last. They will make a huge difference. Pay attention to the spin dots and the accuracy dots. Unfortunately, the meter will throw you for a while but balls can slow them down until you get comfortable.

Be sure to factor in what the clubs can do with the different shots (flop, pitch, etc.) These charts will help you a lot. GL

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6927.aspx?PageIndex=1

Cheers man,

Just shot a nice 66 at SA with the help of some newly aquired wedges.

RSS