Help › Forums

Quitters

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:20 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 10:55 AM

Why is it that when people disconnect when it's their turn the whole game freezes?Have some respect for other players and disconnect when it's NOT YOUR TURN!!!!So tired of pople disconnecting just cause they bogey the first hole.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:38 PM

mrenn29:

Why is it that when people disconnect when it's their turn the whole game freezes?

mrenn29, this happens when the host of the game quits.

I agree, quitters should be punished, but sadly nothing drastic will happen soon. A reputation system is in the works, hopefully that will help us see who the legit players are.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:40 PM

Wow its been a while since we had a good quitters tread. You need to understand that quitting is necessary when your a master especially  with th addition of Oakmont Tournament greens as they will kill your average faster than your clubs being stolen.

So when you get quit on next and your lip starts to quiver, suck it up big boy and start quiting and you to can be a master with a 60 avg.

Chip

PS If you quit leave via the menu not by closing your browser that way others can play.

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 1:45 PM

So what you are saying is if you are playing with a so called"master" chances are they won;t even finish a round?That's stupid if you ask me.The whole point of this game is to be life like,you don't see scratch golfers walking off the course?Maybe there should be a 3 pt increase penalty in your average for quitting.Take your bogeys like a man!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 2:24 PM

No, Charlie is the bitter *** here that stereotypes every group of players above him because he can't [ironically] "get on their level."

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 2:34 PM

The game also freezes when anyone else quits when it is their turn.  If any player discoonects when it is their turn, it freezes all the players.  I don't care about the people who quit, the arguement has been waged on here until we are blue in the face, however I do care about people who quit and lock me up, don't do it.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 2:48 PM

TheLighterDark:

No, Charlie is the bitter *** here that stereotypes every group of players above him because he can't [ironically] "get on their level."

Am i tld i was making a sarcastic comment, this is not real you fool its virtual.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 2:51 PM

TheLighterDark:

Am i TLD you know all POS i was having a crack at those who protect their avrgFH

PS im on your level i just play ranked rnds all the time and dont hide amongst my elite friends. I am on the ladders come and play. 

TLD's best friend chip

Just to add TLD 200+ ranked rnds in nearly 12 months so im right you do protect it you top level player see you at ladders.

• Gadzoo
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 3:18 PM

Ouitting is not necessary in and of the couarses or game >  If you have to quit then what your averge is that is not a true score..      Anyone that quites is not as good as they thank they are, to me that is cheating.     I play and keep every round no matter what score is, the averge score that i hvave is true.     I just feel anyone that quites around then they are cheating there self...    If people who play feel okay with thats fine .  JUST REMBER THAT IS CHEATING NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT!!!!

• mrenn29
    380 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 3:22 PM

Agreed.

• PAGES
RSS