Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 10:50 AM

Gitthe vs. TallAcePaul live now, all square on the tenth.  In the end, there will not be a game between Jarid and Seve today.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:49 AM

Just a quick recap of the match of me and smoothswinger vs. tallacepaul and portsd.

Hole 10  Smoothie hits her approach to 2.9 ft and TAP follows with an approach to 6.8 left of the hole and slightly above.  Paul's putt slides by to the right and SS makes her putt USA goes 1UP.

Hole 11  Both Euros in the fairway, Thunder in Fairway and SMoothie in bunker.  Paul hits his approach to 7.5 ft to the right and a big swinger.  Portsd to 17ft, Thunder to nine ft just below the hole.  PortsD just misses his putt, Thunder makes his putt for birdie.  TAP's putt swings hard left and USA goes 2UP.

Hole 12  Again Euros both in the fairway and smoothie in Bunker and Thunder in fairway.  Approachs were iffing at best.  Paul has 30 some feet to right of the hole, Ports seven yards away in light rough to the left and Thunderbird on the fringe 26ft away.  Thunder makes it from back fringe.  Crowd goes while.  PortsD follows up with a great chip in.  USA remains 2UP.

Hole 13 Drives and Layups down the fairway.  Portsd left with 60yards and his approach comes up short of the green about six yards away.  Smoothie hits her approach to 2.9ft.  Thunder hits his approach to 3.3ft.  TAP from 38 yards to 7.2 ft right of the flag.  Ports to a foot on his chip.  Paul's putts slides left of the hole and Thunder and smoothie birdie to go 3UP.

Hole 14 Thunder hits approach to 4 ft.  ...I was on the phone during the next three shots but one of the two euros birdies.  Maybe they can comment on who it was.  Sorry laspe of memory.  Hole halved USA remains 3up.

Hole 15 All four in the fairway.  Ports D to left bunker pin high.  Smoothie to 19 yards left pin high.  Thunderbird short 11 yards away in bunker.  TAP short 24 yards in front of the green.  Paul proceeds to hit it to 2.5ft above hole.  SS and Portsd both end up on the front of the green from their approaches.  Thunder hits his approach to 2ft.  Portsd makes his putt for par.  SS misses.  Paul makes par and Thunder does the same.  Hole halved USA remains 3up.

Hole 16 Dormie USA.  Thunder finds the fairway.  PortsD misses the fairway left into the rough.  Paul misses fairway right and SS finds the fairway.   Pauls approach comes up short.  PortsD approach to 8 yards on the front of the green from 30-40 rough.  Smoothie hits it to 18ft.  Thunder hits his approach from 164 to 4ft.  Pauls third to five or so feet.  PortsD's putt slides past.  Smoothies putt just misses left.  Paul makes his putt for par.  Thunderbird makes his birdie putt.  USA wins 4 and 2.

It was a great game and if a few of the putts went in for the euros in would have been much closer.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:58 AM

Waho waho waho! Who would have said it? Gitthe beats TallAcePaul and that means that U.S.A. have suddenly drawn level! After all that, it´s like we start again! Wanna bet now? Who´s your money on?

Fourteen  matches to go, and each one of them is worth a golden point...

AvatarLee/Coolswing vs. Jeffdos924/Claremoreblue tonight at 9PM EST.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 11:59 AM

Thanks for that Thunderbird but you are too kind, you both played a great game and deserved to win in the style you did. No arguments or excuses from either of us.

Well played.

I just had a cracking match with gitthe and he walked out a 2 and 1 winner. Nip and tuck all the way. Hes a great player and a lovely guy.

Right internationals don't do as I do, do as I say lol. I am expecting Avatar to kick some butt tonight and portsd and and I will be back fighting tomorrow night so get going everyone we can win this. Only 7.5 points to go.

Go Internationals

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 1:05 PM

What time tomorrow night, Paul?

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 1:50 PM

"HUNTING SEASON OPENS"

Blue Duck  - Rarest of the migratory birds, known to create an illusion of betrayal amongst its predators, with its sole purpose to divide and conquer!!

Habitat - Swampy marshlands of Kiawah, Well known for its appetite of Bethpage Thistle. Seen numerous times sucking slough water through its butt!!

Looking forward to shinin up my 12 guage irons......lol Zippy!!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 3:48 PM

Great playing guys!  This is turning out to be quite a competition!

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 5:08 PM

Good Job USA for the awesome comback!!!  Good luck to the 4 playing tonight, especially USA......Hope to see you in there ZIPPY!!!!!  :)~~~~~~

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 5:17 PM

Locked and loaded Zippy!  Locked and loaded!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 8:53 PM

Never fear when the Duck is near, shotguns can't touch me!! A very well played match with the internationals again, and they deserve a big congrats on their win. Lee and Cool played lights out and the closest we could get was one down.

Thanks for the awesome game men, all three of you, It was a privilage to be able to participate in it for me. Jeff, nice job brother!! Good luck to all the USA team in the singles matches!

RSS