Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2009 - GOODBYE!

Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:06 PM (514 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 4:56 AM

I just want to say sorry to Blue and Jeff for not being able to make the time for our match last Saturday and also to all those wonderful friends who was there on IRC for our match.  Work have just been hell for me the last 2 weeks so it's real tough for me to find any time to play at all.  Anyway I've managed to arrange with Lee to try and meet up again for our match on this Friday morning 8:00 am (CST time).  Jeffdos have confirmed okay but I haven't heard from Blue so I hope he can make it at such short notice.

It's been really trying for us to find a time to play this match and I'd like to Thanks Blue and Jeffdos as well as my partner Avatar Lee for their patience.  Hopefully we could finish this match soon so the singles matches can begin.  Also thanks to seveking for keeping things moving in very difficult circumstances.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 1:36 PM

As of Friday evening, we are scheduled to play Monday evening 9 P.M. Central, 10/19. I cannot play at work, the Smiths network is terrible and takes 15 minutes to load the game screen, then about that much more between shots. Kind of like twenty years ago with dial up, but hey, thats what they give us to work with!! We should have a good crowd for the match on our side of the lake though!! Go USA

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 3:17 PM

Absolutely looking forward to Monday night. Coolswing is a familiar adversary and it's been recently discovered that AvatarLee is human ..... this should be a good one.

Go USA!

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 4:05 PM

I wouldn't say that Jeff he may practise now

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 7:28 PM

True, Paul .... and Lee DID make that mazing 114' putt the other day. I'd more than willing to let him try those all night Monday :)

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 5:22 AM

All right everyone... me and dorkfeastures v hightower3 and WVmountaineer... updating on gamesurge.net/chat /join WGT

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 7:37 AM

Hi all... usa won our fourball match 1up. Have to say that dorkfeatures was the rock in the round while I was dealing inconsitently with the 'conditions' over here in a berlin cafe. USA went 2 up quickly but dorks was halving the remaining holes while I was hacking away. Suddenly wins at 15 and 16 (birdie-eagle from yours truly!) pulled us all square but WVmountaineer was the only one in the fairway on 18 and dutifully holed the birdie to win the match 1up. Comedy scorecard is below! slor

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 7:52 AM

I was the only listener on IRC, LOL, doesn´t look like Sunday is the most popular day.

It´s 7-5 and the difference is back to just two points.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 9:04 AM

bad luck guys sound like another great game, that is one weird score card slor !! I am rather hoping that the 3 doubles games I have outstanding can be played this week. Smoothswing if you see this please let me know youre movements as you are involved in all of them!!!!!!!!!!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 10:21 AM

Great job USA. Nice win!! :))

RSS