rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:27 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 8:36 AM

smason77:

Snaike:

What CSC is referring to is the browser of choice for most people is Chrome.

IE8 is way too unstable for the WGT / Flash combination.

So, along with the clearing of the caches, using Game booster and Chrome gives a fairly decent experience.

Also, on days like today when everybody and their mother happens to be teeing it up, there is bound to be some congested access lines.

"CSC" otherwise known as ChipshotCharlie  said nothing in reference to Google Chrome™ being the browser of choice.

Gamebooster is another thing these cool-aiders commonly condone but it comes with sacrifice. You give an outside program admin level control of your system functionality. Use at your own risk. It's fool's gold and a program used by hardcore gamers. Not recreational online golfers. It really doesn't even apply to flash based engines. Shhhh don't tell the cool aid clique that!

Are we gonna have to put the boxing gloves on you two in the gym after school again? Grow up!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 9:11 AM

smason, why don't you give it a rest, and stop posting after Snaike in every thread. It's getting old. Your the only one drinking spiked Kool-aid around here, and all your posts show it.

Look ding-dong, Game Booster is a great program that shuts down unwanted Windows background applications that will free-up valuable Megabyte's of RAM to help aid in a better meter and less freezing in the game. Game Booster does work with flash applications too.

You should really check yourself into alcoholics anonymous smason.

WGT isn't going to put-up with you harassing other members in the forums. You'll be skating on thin ice after this reported round of abuse.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:28 AM

AlaCowboy:
    Are we gonna have to put the boxing gloves on you two in the gym after school again? Grow up!
    Two?  I'm not worried about our resident lush, AC...  he's just trying to make a name for himself and failing... badly.

I like it when he picks apart things I write.  It means he might learn something about the English language.  I can see him there, thesaurus in one hand, dictionary in the other... the Blue Book of Grammar opened on the table in front of him.

If I can do one meaningful thing in my life, like teaching a pig to sing, it will be all worth it.

Peace

• jamilam
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:38 AM

Well, I've tried again.

For those of you who would put the blame squarely on my shoulders, please understand I use Firefox and I've availed myself of all standard options to optimize game play. I'm not looking for suggestions or advice, so if you offer any, it will ultimately fall on deaf ears (blind eyes?)

I have no intention of downloading extra software to assist this situation, nor am I going to change any of my system configurations. This is not a career for me, simply a past time. But when the pleasure is outweighed by the glitches, hiccups, inexplicable ball flights, ad infinitum, it threatens to label itself as "user unfriendly".

For those of you who have figured out how to play this game with a minimal amount of problems; good for you. Enjoy. I, for one, don't have the wherewithal or time to devote to such an endeavor, nor (I would imagine) do the vast majority of players who use this site infrequently and simply for idle enjoyment.

This post is not a plea for assistance from those who've mastered this computer game. It's intended as general public-level feedback to its creators. As there is no other vehicle for such feedback, it's my hope that this post will find its way to the eyes of someone who matters in this regard

Like I said, I tried it again. A few times. There was some degree of success, and that was nice, but mostly it's just too frustrating to continue. It's unlikely I'll continue to play this game.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:57 PM

smason77:
    Gamebooster is another thing these cool-aiders commonly condone but it comes with sacrifice. You give an outside program admin level control of your system functionality. Use at your own risk. It's fool's gold and a program used by hardcore gamers. Not recreational online golfers. It really doesn't even apply to flash based engines. Shhhh don't tell the cool aid clique that!

No you are wrong again smason77,get facts before you dribble please.

Do you use a thesaurus next to your pc so you can display intelligence and use choice words.

Game booster  will help as when background processes are turned off it enables your computer to use the constantly transferring data more quickly and efficiently. So being a flash based game has little or nothing to do with use of game booster.

You will notice Mr mason that congested access lines is not a term used and tells me exactly what your pc experience is and that my friend is zero.

I for the record prefer Firefox browser.

Ty CSC  

• taitter
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 3:14 PM

ok guys i need some help here. i have been playing wgt for about a year now and im really not doing well with this. I wanted to ask is there any way i can start over. my average sucks, but im starting to get better with shot selection and putting but im not enough to be competitive. if anyone has a instruction on how to start over please let me know.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:41 PM

Don't worry about starting over.

Your average is based on the best ten of your last fifteen rounds.

As I see it, the main goal of this game should be finding people of like mind and playing rounds with them.

The top people here put in major...and I do mean major stick time.

I am not half bad at this game but I still don't really have a chance to be competitive.

You are now in the pro rank and even if you started over you would quickly attain that rank again.

Enjoy the game and if you need to be shooting what the big dogs shoot, be prepared to play a few rounds a day and practice as well.

Just enjoy the ride.

Happy hitting

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 9:40 PM

jamilam:

(To those of you who feel "Hey, that's just like real life golf" you either don't understand to what I'm referring or you are simply too unimaginative to reply with anything of use, because the "real life" equivalent would be like getting shot in the neck with a BB gun in the middle of your back swing. Certainly rare in its own right, but imagine it happening 25 times in a round of "real life" golf.)

LOL. I love this, and your post is spot on.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:17 AM

dell inspiron 1501  1.60 Ghz 1406mb ram  32 bit w/vista.Every thing runs fine ,just looking to be better oh and thank you soulcatcher

These specs don't meet the minimum requirements to my knowledge. You are very lucky indeed.

CSC

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:27 AM

Unfortunately..most of the great internet games these days really require a good machine.

Most of you with older machines  like 1 1/2 years or so, will soon need to upgrade your pc's for something near the top of the line.

A really good ISP is also very necessary.

If your playing WGT or something else.

• PAGES
RSS