Help › Forums

This is simply too frustrating

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:27 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jamilam
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 12:42 PM

I've cleared my flash cache. I've adjusted the game settings to low resolution and turned off just about every option that can slow down the game. I've cleared my temporary internet files... In short, I've exercised every option available to me in order to improved the performance of this game, yet the swing meter continues to hiccup and stall. While putting, I can't get a decent read on the greens because the speed of the slope is wonky because the game slows down (thus slowing down the the speed of the little dots that show the slope)

This is all part of the idiosyncrasies of the game. I understand that and I'm also very pleased that this game even exists, much less that it's available to the public for free. Good on ya for that. But when playing in a single entry tournament and being arbitrarily penalized, not for poor play, but for something totally beyond my control, it sucks the fun right out of it.

(To those of you who feel "Hey, that's just like real life golf" you either don't understand to what I'm referring or you are simply too unimaginative to reply with anything of use, because the "real life" equivalent would be like getting shot in the neck with a BB gun in the middle of your back swing. Certainly rare in its own right, but imagine it happening 25 times in a round of "real life" golf.)

My point is; I enjoy the game. When it's functioning as it should, I find it one of the best games available, free or otherwise. But regardless of how fun it is when it's functioning properly, if it's inconsistent, it loses a tremendous amount of appeal.

I'm not writing this because I feel wronged, or because I feel I'm owed anything. I don't and I'm not. This is simply feedback that both you and your advertisers should take into account for future reference. I would be a much bigger fan of this site and, ultimately, probably avail myself of the upgrades available (and thus give your advertisers both the branding and product recognition they're hoping for with this site) if it weren't so fickle.

As it is, I may or may not try it again, but I will certainly not give it the attention I would otherwise. Good luck.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 2:04 PM

There's a couple of things you didn't mention that you can do to have a better meter.

Download Game Booster, and Defrag your computer. Make sure you don't clear you caches to often, it makes for slow load times. The game is still in BETA too.

Type in the search box, "Optimize your WGT experience".

Good luck jam.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 4:40 PM

Eveyone is talking about this  game booster download  OK where when how

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 4:51 PM

Gamebooster

There you go.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:14 PM

What type of pc do you have and do you the minimum requirements. Also what browser do you use.

CSC

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:41 PM

dell inspiron 1501  1.60 Ghz 1406mb ram  32 bit w/vista.Every thing runs fine ,just looking to be better oh and thank you soulcatcher

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:17 PM

What CSC is referring to is the browser of choice for most people is Chrome.

IE8 is way too unstable for the WGT / Flash combination.

So, along with the clearing of the caches, using Game booster and Chrome gives a fairly decent experience.

Also, on days like today when everybody and their mother happens to be teeing it up, there is bound to be some congested access lines.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:38 PM

Snaike:

What CSC is referring to is the browser of choice for most people is Chrome.

IE8 is way too unstable for the WGT / Flash combination.

So, along with the clearing of the caches, using Game booster and Chrome gives a fairly decent experience.

Also, on days like today when everybody and their mother happens to be teeing it up, there is bound to be some congested access lines.

"CSC" otherwise known as ChipshotCharlie  said nothing in reference to Google Chrome™ being the browser of choice.

Gamebooster is another thing these cool-aiders commonly condone but it comes with sacrifice. You give an outside program admin level control of your system functionality. Use at your own risk. It's fool's gold and a program used by hardcore gamers. Not recreational online golfers. It really doesn't even apply to flash based engines. Shhhh don't tell the cool aid clique that!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:29 AM

I for one have good results with the Mozilla browser. Meter blips are very rare, but if you see one coming, don't take a jab at it but just let that shot slide by for a free whiff and try again.

• TopMacaB
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:51 AM

Here Here, i feel the same way. I really enjoyed this game, till it gets to the tournys, i 3 putted fron 2.5 feet. Thats not right, even for a game its not right. Ther rest of thr game i can put up with as it is realistic, but please please please,,,,,sort the putting out. All it really needs is to slow the ball down on the greens..its just too quick, on one hole, my ball rolled for 12 seconds past the hole on a flat green!!!   Tooo fast, great game tho, and i will keep playing, and have got 13 people to join from faceBook. Keep tweeking it!!

• PAGES
RSS