Forums

Help › Forums

Single Play Oakmont

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 2 2010 6:32 AM (21 replies)
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 4:19 AM

Maybe I am missing something, but I do't see any way to play Oakmont as a single except for the qualifier or the tournament. Am I missing something?

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 4:28 AM

Norm: I don't see anyway to play single either. Hope WGT will fix it soon.

J

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 4:30 AM

Single play might not available until after the open is over. Just a thought.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 5:44 AM

I hear Oakmont is now up and running but I cant seem to find an option to do a single player practice. The only option for single play appears to be to go straight into the qualifiers.

Am I being dumb?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 6:28 AM

ComplexP:
    Am I being dumb?

Nope. There's no way to practice and I'd be willing to bet this is by design until the Open is over.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 6:41 AM

Pardon my confusion but what are you guys talking about? Isn't single play when you play alone, which is the way it is now? Or are you commenting on not being able to play a practice round?

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 7:04 AM

YankeeJim:

Pardon my confusion but what are you guys talking about? Isn't single play when you play alone, which is the way it is now? Or are you commenting on not being able to play a practice round?

Single play is when you play alone. But the only single play I see is to qualify for the Open. I do not see anyway to play a practice round, or choose front 9 or back 9 exclusively. If you see that feature, please let me know.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 7:27 AM

That's the way it'll be until after the tournament, Norm. ... that's my feeling. WGT did the same thing last summer with the release of Bethpage . We had about a month of qualifying from the tournament tees(black). After the final round, the course was opened up for group play using the tiered tee boxes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 7:57 AM

jeffdos924:
    After the final round, the course was opened up for group play using the tiered tee boxes.

I think it may be open now for group play but at the Tournament tees. I turned down an invite to play 18 stroke there  this AM. It looks like you can qualify as a group, which is pretty cool. Skype will really help learning this course when playing this way.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 8:28 AM

YankeeJim:

ComplexP:
    Am I being dumb?

Nope. There's no way to practice and I'd be willing to bet this is by design until the Open is over.

Jim...Have you tried beginning a multiplayer round at Oakmont and then disconnecting, but saving the game to be completed later....perhaps this is a way for two or more players to collaborate and create essentially a single player round for each player...Harve

RSS