Forums

Help › Forums

Ringers with new/multiple profiles

Wed, Jun 14 2023 4:55 AM (22 replies)
  • JimmyLynch
    17 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:26 AM

I was chatting with a player in an alternate match that said these people can be reported.

Anyone know how?

Just saying a guy on WGT for eight days @ Amateur level w 75 average. It  seemed a little odd he was dropping his approach shots within 4 ft every time and draining every putt.

Doesn't it take a couple of weeks to figure the game out?   LOL

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:14 PM

Wouldn't be bothered reporting them (not my job). Just Block them and don't play them for credits....but if you feel you want to then members@worldgolftour.com ...Andy

• alosso
    21,045 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 2:15 AM

JimmyLynch:
    a guy on WGT for eight days @ Amateur level w 75 average
    I wouldn't bother too much.

Some are talented, some have experience w/ other golf games. 75 av. is mediocre compared to the "elite" (level 60+ and top equipment). It will win nothing in the weeklys/monthlys. Recently saw a 58 from a so-called "Amateur", bound to win 3000 - 10000 crs!

It's a discrepancy between tier and level which draws more of my attention.

If you want to report so., you may use members@worldgolftour.com and add some evidence, e.g. a screenshot. Be reminded though that, AFAIK, second accounts are explicitly approved by WGT, and playing any game but ranked rounds is not a legal offence. Only multi-accounting, more than one account at a time, is against the WGT rules - prove it if you can!

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2012 7:15 AM

WGT allows you to start a new account but not to multi-account.

The person(s) in question may have not done anything wrong and acted within the rules, whether we like it or not.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:36 AM

alcaucin:

Wouldn't be bothered reporting them (not my job). Just Block them and don't play them for credits....but if you feel you want to then members@worldgolftour.com ...Andy

Just did..........Was so incensed at the audacity of this one..........Andy

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:09 PM

WGT doesn't care... this has been a problem for quite some time and they continue to sweep it under the rug.  Moderators from WGT will reply to every other type of thread but when it comes to these they get silent.  Not worth the effort to report it... they don't care.

• Spoon13
    3 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:22 PM

I played against a guy the other day that was a Hack 150.  Within 24 hrs he had his average down to 63.  I asked him what his other screen name was and he got a little defensive.  

RSS