Forums

Help › Forums

European Tournament

Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:34 PM (86 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 8:44 AM

Oops. Sorry, I forgot. It's there now. We also have the first two results of round 2, which are both from Group C.

I would like to thank Bobmarokk for giving me such a great match, with lots, lots of drama. Finally, I managed to scrape a win on the last hole and take the three points, but, for a great match like that, the best score would probably have been a draw.

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Wed, Apr 29 2009 10:01 AM

Thanks Seve, always fun playing against you in important MP. In the end the best player with the coldest head won:-)

Congrats!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, May 1 2009 3:24 AM

If there is a draw for first or second place in any of the groups, I will look at the number of holes by which the players have won or lost against the people they have drawn with.

Example: I will take my group as an example. At the moment, I have 6 points, because I have beaten Plim 5 and 4, and Bobmarokk by one hole. Bobmarokk has 3 points, because he has beaten TallAcePaul by one hole and lost to me by one. TallAcePaul also has 3 points, because he has beaten Plim 2 up, and he has lost to Bobmarokk by one.

So, let's imagine that Bobmarokk beats Plim by two holes and TallAcePaul beats me by two holes. We would all have six points.  I would have a "hole difference" of -1, because I have won by one against one of the people that I drew against and lost by two against the other. Bobmarokk would have a hole difference of EVEN, because he lost against one of the players he has drawn with by one hole and he won against the other by one hole, and TallAcePaul would haev a hole difference of +1, so he would take the first place, and Bobmarokk would take second place. If there had still been a draw between two players after all this, I would have taken into account the results of the match against Plim to undo the draw. If the draw is between two people, it will be undone by smply looking at the score of the match in which they played each other.

I hope I've explained it OK :)

• RyanSelwyn
    96 Posts
    Sat, May 2 2009 2:46 PM

hi seveking can i please resign my match against tomb as my computer is loading very slowly which would make it around 2 hrs+ to finish a game. should be sorted out later in the month 

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2009 6:34 AM

Hi Seve, no way to contact PatVand...:( I've already written on his wall and sent a friend request a week ago....

Cheers

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2009 7:54 AM

Well, you can only keep waiting.

Two days to go and not many scores being posted...

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 7:10 AM

Hi Seve. Just to let you know that i've completed my match against Coronita in group A. It was a very good match as Coronita played very well and hit some great approach shots that really put me under pressure.  I only managed to win 2 and 1 thanks to a chip in and sank some good putts ! I think she will give Tomab a run for his money in her next match.  I've posted the score for our match so i hope that 's all in order.

Lastly I just want to say that I really enjoyed playing in this tournament, the group format is great as you get to play a few matches and makes some new friends as well. Thanks Seve and also Bluescouse for organising this tournament, you both have done a great job.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 11:08 AM

Thanks Coolswing.

The hard work was all Seve's, I just had the original idea.

Sean

• ekaeka
    6 Posts
    Tue, May 5 2009 3:12 PM

I have not got in contact with Casique1 for match in round 2

• tomab
    517 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 12:02 AM

Hi Seve!

As far as I can see we have not heard from following players:
    Bobo25, Paddy698179, Gladstonecrewer, Patvand, Kitsune, Casique1
    ...wich means group play now is between:
    GROUP A (4) Coolswing  RyanSelwyn  Coronita   TomAb 
    GROUP B (3)   Welshwizard1  Slor  Shawlandsbear 
    GROUP C (4) Seveking  TallAcePaul  Bobmarokk  Plim
    GROUP D (1) Abak 
    GROUP E (3) Paulmcm  Bluescouse  Mightyred  
    GROUP F (3) Takis  Newzeeland  Ekaeka

The number in ( ) is the #of players in each group.

If this is correct, as an example, mr. Abak who didn't play 1.st round still has a fair chance to qualify from group D
    Group A and C are the only left with 4 players.

I guess you have a better overviev - is this the situation now?

Tom Ab.

RSS