Forums

Help › Forums

European Tournament

Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:34 PM (86 replies)
  • mightyred
    3,139 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 3:08 PM

Even though I only played two matches, against Bluescouse and Paulmcm, I enjoyed both games and would like to thank you for organising.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 6:46 AM

...and you were a pleasure to play against buddy - hope we can do it again sometime.

Sean

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 7:54 AM

The last day for the quarter finals to be played is the 6th of June.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 4:39 AM

Hi all,

Does this now have to played on the back 9 of Bethpage? i just played Abak in my Q-final and it put us on Bethpage instead of Kiawah - is this correct? i feel it was a bit unfair on Abak as he hadn't played this course before.

Paul

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 1:03 PM

Hi Seve. Just to let you know that Slor and I have completed our quarter final match. It was a fanstastic match, the best I've had so far, over the tough back 9 of Bethpage.  Incidently I must say that this is a great venue for matchplay or tournament because it's a real test for any players regardless of their skill level, and added to that the pressure of the match play itself, the result is a real "competition' feel and build up a real tournament atmosphere.

I've submitted the result by the usual way already so if you have any problems please let me know.  Also could you announce the semi-final matches and date once the quarter-final matches are done, I am not reminding you what to do here but just to let you know you've done a great job.  I 've never had a moment where I was looking for info and couldn't find it or it's not available, and that to me is great organisation and a job very well done. Thanks again Seve for the experience. 

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 6:33 AM

At the moment we only have the multiplayer option of Bethpage, so, yes, it has to be played there.

Thanks Coolswing for your comment. You're playing Paulmcm in the semis and the other semifinal will be TallAcePaul/Ekaeka vs. Welshwizard. In any case, if you ever have any doubts you can look at the tournament bracket on the first page. I've updated it and I think it will work be viewable now.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 7:45 AM

The last of the quarter finals has been played and it sees our great underdog(Ekaeka)  through to the semifinals! Just one more step to get into the grand final.

I won't give you a deadline to play, it's not necessary with you guys: just play as soo as you can.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 12:17 PM

Hi Seve. I've completed the semi-final match with Paulmcm and submitted the score the usual way.  It was a good match as we've have known each other for a while. Unfortunately for both of us, Paul just had a real off day and was real unlucky with the putting, whereas I got away with a few bad shots.  I've heard that Paul played very good golf in the first round stage as well as the quarter final so even though he'd a bad day today, he should be quite satisfy with his performance in reaching the semi-final in this tournament. Congrats and well done to Paulmcm. 

Also I've just heard that there was a big upset in the quarter-final match up of Ekaeka and Tallacepaul.  I would like to say congrats to Ekaeka for a great performance as Paul have been practicing very hard and playing good golf consistently. This is the kind of thing that makes matchplay very challenging because on any given day, anything can happen and everyone is capable of winning. Thanks again Seve, it's been a very good tournament and I look forward to playing in the Final. See you later.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 12:26 PM

Congratulations! Seed number one is the first to reach the final. Will seed number two also get there or will Ekaeka make it all the way?

By the way, thanks for remembering that the semifinals must be played on 18 holes, I should have reminded you of that when I announced the quarter finals were over.

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 1:30 AM

Well done coolswing and good luck in the final - your putting was first class last night, and mine was well, awful - i've taken your advice and will try the old putter. I'm looking forward to the next tournament. Thanks to everyone who helped organise this one.

Does anybody want to buy a Tour Starter putter!

RSS