Forums

Help › Forums

European Tournament

Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:34 PM (86 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2009 6:25 AM

Thanks Coolswing, I'm also enjoying this tourney.

Yes, Tomab, the general situation is that one. When one of you guys plays one of the players that Tomab has said, just try to contact him and if he doesn't answer, tell me abou it and you'll get the points.

It's time up for the second round of matches. Still three to go. I've ad a look at your profiles and it looks like some of you are making efforts to play, so you get a couple more days to finish off.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2009 11:41 PM

Still trying to catch Kitsune.

Okay if I give him till Sunday?

Sean

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 5:28 AM

Last round of the group stage! I'm away from the 16th to the 19th, so we get a bit longer than usual to play the matches.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 11:08 AM

Hi Seve.  I have a problem in getting a reply from Ryan Selwyn regarding arranging a time for our last group match.  I have already posted 2 notes on his profile and still i don't get a reply ! Now i noticed there is a post from him on page 6 of this post, saying he would like to resign his match against tomab because of machine problem.  He then said it would be fix later this month so should i assume he has resigned his match against me ? I wish he could write a brief note saying he can or can not play so i can arrange my own schedule and not worry about it anymore.  Anyway if someone happens to speak to him please send him a message that i am waiting for his reply.

Sorry to bother you but i am getting a little frustrated.  It's so great getting a tournament going for a group of players looking for some fun and challenges, but i am surprised that some of the participants don't seem to care about the things going on in the tournament so that others like yourself having to spent time to try to find them or get a reply.  In the end these players are holding up the tournament's progress and making everyone sit around and wait, not to mention wasting the time and effort put in by yourself.  I think everyone who has signed up to the tournament have a responsibility to keep in touch of the things going on and also communicate with the organisers and other players so that the tournament can run smoothly and everyone have an enjoyable experience.

Thanks again for your help. Please let me know what i should do when you can.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 12:13 PM

Yes, it's a bit of a bother to have people sign up and then not even answer, but this problem will get better as the tournament goes on. Everybody in the next round will have played all their games or at least two to be able to qualify, so I suppose that means they are interested in the tournament and they will keep on playing.

However, I must say that RyanSelwyn's case might be different because, as you have said, he told me that he was having problems with his computer. I will try to speak to him and see if he can get the problem sorted out. I'll let you know when I get a reply.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, May 13 2009 12:27 PM

Group C finishes off with some drama and Group B has a winner: Welshwizard.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 8:58 AM

I'll be out until Tuesday. Keep playing, but the scores won't appear on this page until Wednesday.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 4:02 AM

Hi Seve.

Just to let you know that i've completed my group A match against Ryan Selwyn today. i've submitted the score already so hopefully you've received it already.  Also sorry i couldn't catch a game with you yesterday as I was playing a round in a foursomes that took almost 1:30 hr to finished ! will try to catch up with you again soon though. Thanks and take care.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, May 21 2009 11:24 AM

The group stage is all over. Congratulations to Coolswing, Welshwizard, TallAcePaul, Abak, Paulmcm and Ekaeka! You have come first in your groups and you have earned yurself a place in the top eight of Europe! We have a draw between four second place players with six points, so we will play two matches to see who goes through and the winners of each game go through to the quarter finals. Those two matches are:

Seveking vs. Bluescouse

Slor vs. Takis

• slor
    902 Posts
    Fri, May 22 2009 7:13 AM

Tried to get a game with takis, but he declined me twice without explaination. Hope to try again when I get back in town tuesday

RSS