Forums

Help › Forums

nike method or ghost spiders?

Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:05 AM (65 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 8:23 PM

cpatterson22:

Well maybe people like myself don't want to bother wasting money/time/credits on lower equipment only to throw it out for pennies on the dollar and have to buy new equipment, why would we be punished because you didn't have the self control or patience to just get up to the 70s and 80s in level before buying?

I'm a few thousand off level 77 and have been saving like crazy and still don't have enough to be able to buy all the top level clubs, so for you to expect everyone to shell out credits every 10 levels just to advance 1 or 2 tiers then chuck them out is idiotic.

you completely missed the point of my post on that player "cpatterson" .. and what said post suggests is wrong with the level system in WGT with regards to acquiring certain clubs while managing one's tier & how it translates into questionable practices when playing in matches with other people within the same tier 30 or 40 levels back ..

i'm at lvl84 and in the Legend tier and find myself unable to get the lvl90 R11's while some TP's use those very same clubs to play matches within their lower tier against other TP's with lesser equipment who are progressing normally up tiers & levels .. 

it's a faulty system that encourages dishonest & deceptive practices to many who are willing to be lured into a position where they can take unfair advantage of a defective system to basically defraud honest lower tiered players of their credits .. get the picture ? 

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 9:23 PM

deleted

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:59 PM

Putting can be (and most of the time) a personal affair...and I myself might be a little bias as to what I KNOW AND BELIEVE TO BE THE BEST PUTTER ON WGT PERIOD !!!  But first let me say this I am now on level 90 !! I am now a 'Tour Master' !! I joined WGT last October 23rd, 2011 !!! As of right now I have played 306 consecutive days played!!  I also have NEVER QUIT from a multi-player game !!!  I am an 'Exceptional Putter' both here and in real life golf !!!! In fact 'PUTTING' is the 'Best' and 'Strongest' part of my game !! (and once again that is both here and in real golf)  Now please forgive me but I am not beating my own band wagon !!! But anyone who has ever played a round with me...I'm sure will know and also admit that I am a 'Gentleman Golfer'...who plays 'against the course' (AND NEVER PERSONALLY AGAINST ANOTHER PLAYER) !! Okay,  so with that all said...let's talk about quite possibly the best kept 'secret' of quite possibly (credit wise...and performance wise) the 'Best' Putter on WGT !!!  Firstly...I have played with almost every putter on here!! From the 'Starter putter to the EZ swing Starter putter to the Spider putter to the Anser putter to the Ping Redwood putter(s) (both the level 44 and the upper level Redwood as well) I've also had the 'Rossa' (which I personally believe to be a very very good putter...in fact it would be my second choice, if I needed two putters) !!!  I have also had the 'Ghost Putters as well as both of the Nike Method putters (the level 51 and the upper level one from the 70's level--in fact I still have the Nike level 51 Method putter in my equiptment) I AM JUST WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO SELL THAT ONE BACK >>AS WELL<<(THE KEY WORDS HERE ARE >>> AS WELL)!! Because I have sold back all of those above mentioned putters except for one (and in four pages on this post this putter was never mentioned) AND THAT ONE IS THE LEVEL 44 'PING REDWOOD PUTTER' !!! For the cost>>only 600 credits...the meter increments at 15...30...45...90...150...300 and the performance one will get from this 'SIMPLE AND EASY PUTTER TO USE AND DIAL IN'  is awesomely remarkable !!! I Guarantee that if you ever use this putter >>> YOU WILL NOT WANT ANYTHING ELSE (regardless of what kind of what kind of and how many dots you see by another's putter's info box)!! AND OH YEAH NEXT IN LINE...coming in at a close second !! 'THE ROSSA' >> but once again everyone has their favorite...and that is fine !!  but 600 credits is not a bad investment for you to (repeatedely) outputt someone with a 2,000 credit investment!! No one has to believe me...Take the test for yourself invest 600 credits>>get you a level 44 Ping 'Redwood' Putter...use it for a month...and YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER EVER AFTER THAT WANT TO EVEN CONSIDER ANOTHER PUTTER>>>>>PERIOD !!!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:24 AM

StrokerLee:
    I am an 'Exceptional Putter' both here and in real life golf

Maybe IRL...here...your stats say otherwise

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:27 AM

StrokerLee:
    AND THAT ONE IS THE LEVEL 44 'PING REDWOOD PUTTER'

Very good putter indeed

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 5:08 AM

After StrokerLee's good speech I've got one question.

I think I'm not bad at putting, 1.68 per hole.

I have now almost 1500 credits to spend, and for sure my next pursache must be a good putter. I'm master, my score is 68.63 right now. My current putter is the most basic, I feel that from long distance is rubbish.

Is it better a very slow meter, or half a dot in precision & balance?. Becouse if you are not able to have good balls, it's a very important issue.

Are the Daytona 2011, the Ghost Spider (+66) or maybe the Redwood (+72) a good pursache without the best balls, or maybe both of the Nike Method better are more secure and enough precise?.

Take into account that I'm accustomed to slow metters with my terrible putter...

Ty very much mates.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 6:42 AM

Pimpollillo:
    Is it better a very slow meter, or half a dot in precision & balance?. Becouse if you are not able to have good balls, it's a very important issue

The balls have nothing to do with putting. The free ball is as good as the $4.50 Nike. The only thing that changes is the meter speed.

If you like the slow speed, wait for the Method putter. 

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 7:46 AM

YankeeJim:

The balls have nothing to do with putting. The free ball is as good as the $4.50 Nike. The only thing that changes is the meter speed.

If you like the slow speed, wait for the Method putter. 

Well, I didn't know that important issue. 

Is there a noticeable difference in terms of speed betwen the Nike & the Daytona or the Ghost Spider (+66)?. Is it really difficult to get used to that?. Because I think forgiveness will compensate the less success in hitting the ding... I hope.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:06 AM

The Nike has the slowest meter of the three.  The level 66 Ghost (and level 92 Ghost) and the Rossa have the same meter speed and it is just slightly faster than the Nike.

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:17 AM

Mmm, it's clear that the only way to compare is to rent the ghost or the Daytona...

Ty very much again.

RSS