Help › Forums

nike method or ghost spiders?

Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:05 AM (65 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:38 PM

Pimpollillo:

Finally, one question...

Is there a noticeable difference between the nike method (+51) & the Ghost Sipider (+35).

Just half a dot in forgiveness & balance.

But the price difference is huge...

Edit to ask... What's the difference between the Ghost Spider & the Ghost Manta?. Looks like they are the same thing...

i cannot vouch for the difference between the Method & Spider putters ..

however i used the lvl51 Method & recently upgraded to the lvl71 Nike Method .. i find the half dot more precision & balance of the lvl71 Method only a very slight improvement over the lvl51'er .. but thats because i'm a ding putter & therefore those attributes, especially the high precision @ 4 dots is important to me .. 

i suppose it all depends whether you put off-ding or not .. from the very beginning i focused on dinging my puts cause thats the only way that occurred to me as the way it should be done .. only much later did i realize that many players use the off-ding method .. i also always use the the larger scales to put & not what the dumbass caddy hands me .. the larger scales makes dinging alot easier of course ..

dunno if this helps at all .. gud luck with ur decision

• Aidanspa
    385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 11:10 AM

i used the Rossa and liked it very much before trading it for the lvl71 Method.   In my view Rossa is the best value available.  Good forgiveness but a quicker meter.  The Method is the last putter I'll buy.  Great attributes and a slower meter.

• ladyluck87
    2,287 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:53 PM

nike method putter level 77 and nike balls level 71....they  match to a tee.... perfect combination and deadly.....i use all the method type there is ding or miss ding depending on the greens conditions ..and breaks.......i find that the meter for the nike putter  is..slower compare to the rossa and the ghost spiders.........also a pixel miss is forgiven..:)...

the 10ft meter is  the most accurate for short putts ....when you need the exact  amount of power ...for downhill breaks......these are the putts that you normally encounter...during your game..

been using the rossa b4  i turned legend...i find the rossa meter used to speed up when nearly reaching the ding point ...which causes a meter surge in speed ...a little unpredictable...

• waltpage
    5 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:52 PM

I bought the Spyder,then bought the Daytona.The Daytona left me short so many times,I went back to the Spyder ans the Daytona sits in the bag.My brother swears by the Nike.Hey let's Just Do It !!!

• AbulafiaVII
    9 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:33 AM

There is a learning curve, but after this first period I just loved the Nike.  I did exactaly this change, and to be honest, it took me a whille to sell the speder, but finally i did and I do not regret that.

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:05 AM

Did I mention tees? I mentioned putting...

Simple or do we need crayons? My comment about egomaniacs was the ^%##& of prey that attack most any post placed here, for any reason they can find. It is like sport to them I guess. Chris, thank you as you showed this perfectly while using the term "puberty tees"...my reply was your lack of tact. So let the sarcasm begin with you.

You need say "elf", what are the "marks" for...sarcasm maybe?  It isn't about tees or clubs, it is about the sarcastic arrogant manner in which a huge percentage of replies are posted.

My original post was to be about putters...period. This late response is because the previously mentioned rudeness that is so common brings me to this forum very seldom. Today was seeking others opinion on clubs. Did I find an answer amongst the drivel such as yours? Not really as the topic gets bogged down with meaningless attacks.

Lastly, lol....Stats were brought into the fold. Stats have nothing to do with tact, compassion and a friendly approach when replying.

RSS