Forums

Help › Forums

Hitch in the swing meter

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 21 2010 1:33 PM (23 replies)
  • jamminjimmy
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 12:02 AM

I have been playing here for the past month, It took awhile to get the hang of it, But this afternoon I shot even par on Bethpage and tonight I played the tournament and the swing meter kept sticking. It has never happened before. Any suggestions? By the way, I shot a 90. :-(  

• taz180
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 12:41 AM

this seems to happen a lot to me and my mate, keeps jumping along the bar, makes the game almost imposable sometimes,it dose it especially when we play against each other. It dose make you angry when it dose it on a water hole and you lose a ball you have bought. Such a good game when it is not doing it !!!!!

• kmanfromga
    20 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 10:58 AM

I have been playing this game for 2 yrs. Swing meter issues have always been a huge problem. My pop up blockers are off, I clear my cache after every rd. Nothing running in the background. All of a sudden swing meter starts going crasy. I cant tell u how many shots have been ruined by this issue. In reading some of the technical solutions that have been suggested over time you would have to have a degree from MIT to understand what they are telling u to do. I have learned to watch closly at the shot release point and try to determine if it may freese/jump. Unfortunatly, this makes it difficult to hit the sweet spot with such fast swing meters. It would seem to me that WGT would find a solution to the problem on its end. Unfortunantly, they have not so far. 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 11:11 AM

One of the most overlooked and easy things you can do is a 'disk cleanup'.

It gets rid of a lot of the crap that bogs down your computer.

Open 'disk cleanup'

Make sure everything is checked and press OK.

You will be amazed how much crap this gets rid of.

Happy Hitting

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 10:16 AM

My advice would be learn to accept this as part of the game.  Reports of meter problems have been growing at an alarming rate since last fall with no solutions ever discussed from WGT other than "clear you cache".  My guess is they haven't the first clue how to rectify the problem.

There have been discussions in the past about WGT working with Adobe Flash to create a more stable platform for this application but I'm projecting this to be implemented somewhere around summer of 2018.  Pardon the cynical tone but just played 2 nine hole ready gos and had a total of 14 meter issues.  The past 2 days I had a total of 4 meter probs in about 20 ranked rounds. 

They put all the blame on our systems, but why does my system perform fine for a couple of days then totally go to pot the next.  Nothing has changed on my end.  Only thing I can see is that the horrible ready gos I played today were on "psj" server whereas I was playing on the "wgtg" servers the last couple of days.

• sluny
    126 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 3:35 AM

True, there is only one BIG problem, and it is on the WGT side (wrong used technology, ie. flash), there is nothing wrong on our PC's...

• Calig
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 4:08 AM

My problems with the choke on the swing meter is taht it ruins tournaments that I pay credits to play. Credits that WGT charge money for as well. The last 20 trounaments, i have had atleast 2 shots pr tournament wrecked because of the chokes.

That is 20 tournaments that I have payed to play.

Where is the "complaint" area? Where can I turn to when I feel i have payd 20 bucks for pure frustration?

They should not charge money for tournaments until it runs as smoothly as it should.

Calig

• kmanfromga
    20 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:20 PM

AMEN!!!! (Not charge???are u kidding?) If everyone stopped spending money because of swing meter com-plaints, see how fast they would find the fix!!! what i cant understand also is why when i have a set of R9's irons is the swing meter speed differant for all the clubs? Some fast, some slow, (some frose and jerky). The swing meter issue is the number 1 issue at WGT. Has been for 2yrs.... but boy... lets make sure we get those new courses and golf balls with lit up trails out so they can charge even more money!!!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 8:19 PM

jakestanfill7:
    My guess is they haven't the first clue how to rectify the problem.

WGT.com is a great looking game, that plays mediocre, and is run by a generic company. I swear, it seems a few guys and gals were drinking in a bar and brainstormed the idea for this game, and are now running the company. This company just doesn't have that professional feel some other Internet companies have. It seems lackadaisical, and uninformed to me.

If this game in it's current state, is any indication of what the future holds for this game, then I wouldn't hold your breathe people for a stellar outcome. I think some professional CEO's need to come in and save this company and make the proper improvements to the game. Kind of like how Gordon Ramsey saves those Restaurant's that are on the brink of closing their doors. IMO.

Has anyone noticed the absence of MisterWGT since just before the update. I'm sure he's out shooting courses, but it does seem coincidental.

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 10:40 PM

MR WGT have dug a big hole and now dont know how to climb out.

Since the upgrade there have been more issues than ever balls rolling over holes wind variants, green speeds,  unreliable putting grid and more bug reports than the men in black film had, and have any of them been rectified not that I know of, all they do is add more stuff in the  proshop silly balls with trails behind them and at the end of the day it's YOUR pc that is causing all of these issues.

Yeah right!! wgt need to take a real hard look at the donkey they are producing, cos from what I have seen so far this game will go down the pan in the not to distant future.  

RSS