Help › Forums

GS-ID BALLS

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 27 2010 3:41 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:13 AM
    Does anyone know how long they last, i realise it depends how often you use them but is there a set amount of rounds per ball or some other reason. How do you know when you need new balls, i am expecting sarcastic remarks about needing new balls lol Cheers Terry
  • bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:42 AM

Hi Terry,

You generally get 2-3 rounds out of each ball - depending on how many times you hit it of course! There's a bar next to the ball bottom right of the screen which gives you an approximation on how many hits you have left with it.

Hope this helps.

Sean

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 9:12 AM

Killjoy1:
    i am expecting sarcastic remarks about needing new balls lol Cheers

Naw.... that one is too easy. 

But yea.... 2 or 3 full (18 hole) rounds for a ball to wear out seems about right.  Every hit from every club but the putter will take a bit off of it.

That's just an average... check the durability rating of the ball when you purchase them.

Good luck!

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:33 PM

I counted my strokes with the GI-SD ball in CTTH with no putting involved.  It's possible I missed a few but I hit 91 shots with one ball before it wore out.  The GI-SD has a one dot durability rating.

Joey

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 2:02 PM

Joeyola:
    I counted my strokes with the GI-SD ball in CTTH with no putting involved.  It's possible I missed a few but I hit 91 shots with one ball before it wore out.  The GI-SD has a one dot durability rating.

Great work, Joey... so we can extrapolate that 91 plus the customary 36 putts comes to 127.  A couple rounds of 65 or so.

So, we can assume a one dot durability ball is about 2 (full) rounds.

Thanks for counting those out.

Peace

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 2:52 PM

Snaike:
    plus the customary 36 putts

Putts don't count towards wear.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 3:44 PM

YankeeJim:

Snaike:
    plus the customary 36 putts

Putts don't count towards wear.

Not to mention 36 putts ain't getting close to shooting 65.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:00 PM

2 cheese burgers please,,dam wrong door again,,where are my glasses?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:01 PM

Keep in mind its been a long time since I flunked 1st grade math and I don't do well when I take my shoes off to count.  For the sake of argument these figures are based on par stroke play or 72 strokes for 18 holes. 

Assuming our non-putting number is 91 hits per ball, and we double that number to allow for putts that are not counted against the life of a ball, we arrive at 182 strokes during the life of each ball.  Divide the total strokes by par in a round of golf (182 divided by 72) and we have approximately 2.5 rounds for each ball.

Joey  

EDIT: But who's counting (Smile)

• Navyaq
    20 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 7:06 PM

What kind of forum is this? one guy is looking at new balls and your counting strokes... I'm going blind and can't get it in the hole anyway!

We should all right a book.

• PAGES
RSS