Forums

Help › Forums

sick of "masters"

Sun, Apr 25 2010 10:40 AM (26 replies)
  • pumkinlicorice
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:07 PM

I know I am not the only one who is sick and tired of these so called "masters" who quit after one bad hole.  I also know its not just the masters who do it, but I find its more and more the masters who are guilty of this.  I have mentioned to several people and many have agreed that we would like to see peoples averages affected even if they leave a game.  I for one try to post every score I have when I have people playing along with me.  It is only fair that peoples averages are affected after each  hole.  Maybe then more people would be more apt to finish a round.  Also, it would be a nice feature to have a "boot" button available for the host to be able to boot an unruly player.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:19 PM

Wierd aint it? You would think once they made master, they wouldn't care about there stroke avg..I count everything myself..always have, and I never quit! Anytime you want to invite me for a honest round, let me know!

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:33 PM

It isn't just the masters pumkin, I have had plenty of hacks amateurs and pros drop out of ranked rounds also. It is, without a doubt, the most talked about issues within these threads, and something WGT has committed to addressing. Use the search box at the right side-top if you want to read other threads with suggestions on this very topic.   

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:52 PM

pumkinlicorice:
    many have agreed that we would like to see peoples averages affected even if they leave a game. 

I'm becoming more inclined to see WGT implement an increase in peoples averages for quitting during a multi-player round. If people are quitting to protect their averages, hit them where it hurts the most, their average, which, if your a Master, doesn't mean anything in the first place. If the quitters knew their average doesn't mean anything, maybe they wouldn't quit.

I'd like to see an amateur play a quitter with a 62 or better average, I bet the quitter would get a lesson on the course from the amateur. Multi-player quitters must have a low self-esteem, or maybe it's they just want to look cool with their unearned average. Either way, multi-player quitters are coming to an end if WGT has anything to do with it.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:55 PM

i made a comment a while back about having mostly master tiered players dropping games than anyone else, but ever since then, it could just about be anyone.  the last 10 multiplayer games i have played, someone has dropped out.  It is really annoying and i'm glad that WGT is committed to addressig it.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:47 PM

I'd like to see an amateur play a quitter with a 62 or better average, anytime for a small wager :)

Invite me for a MPC game, I guarantee you I won't quit. :))

• Shadowhawk1967
    31 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 2:24 AM

Best way I can think of to stop the quitters is to do this.  Give them the maximum allowed strokes for each hole remaining and force them to take the score.  Better to play and finish at +4 or 5 than to get +4 or +5 added for each hole you dont play.  Want to keep your good average then pracitce, practice and pracitce more.

Oh and anytime you want an honest game, I always play to a finish.  Sometimes my brower or computer bugs out  (throwing my out of an mp game) but I always finish that round solo and post the score.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 2:32 AM

None quitter  Invite sent

Mick

• Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 3:27 AM
    You should be able to name and shame the quitters by putting how many times they have abandoned games at the side of thier average or name
  • aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 4:44 AM

I like the idea another player, sorry forgot the name,  suggested to cure this annoying habit of quitting in Multi-Play.      It would only be triggered if the quitter clicked either the Menu end game feature or the Red X on his screen.     The game would LOCK UP and the player would not be able to play any type of golf for 24 - 48 hours.... only to be UNLOCKED when the current game he quit on is finished and scores posted, or wait the required time.    No punishment or shame necessary this way.      This would also prevent the current habit of only posting good scores.     It would also make RANKED rounds mean something.      

RSS