Forums

Help › Forums

What Courses Do You Want?

Mon, Jun 11 2018 4:33 PM (151 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 1:16 AM

Scoton:

if this company is going to continue calling itself World Golf Tour, then the fixation with U.S. Open courses should be dropped. Ireland, the European continent, Australia and New Zealand all have excellent courses to offer... I even hear they're fanatical about golf in Japan.

Amen! Huge untapped markets in Asia with some great courses to boot. Not just Japan, but Korea and now China ... I see growth, growth, growth over there for WGT. Tie it all into the Asian pro tour if you like, although any excellent course will do, it does not have to be a venue for any specific championship (major or otherwise). Besides, with the majors you are already down to just two countries.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 4:38 AM

just something thats not par 3 or best of!!

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:45 AM

I remember about 18 mths ago One of the team said they had received  interest from courses in S.America,China and Sweden among others offering their courses up to be "shot"....what happened there ?. Also what happened to the tru golf ? All we will get  until next year is a *** Mock up of Bandon Dunes(Have the holes been chosen  yet) If so is it a secret or can you tell us ?

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:55 AM

andwhy67:

just something thats not par 3 or best of!!

ditto

• wpjones
    3,030 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2017 7:47 AM

I agree, Alex, with Liberty National at the top of the list.  That would be a great addition to the WGT Courses!  For getting a non-USA Course, Baltusrol is a super choice.  If we can't have either of these, how about the dream wish for Augusta National?  

:-))  wpjones, Wayne.

• cadornette
    319 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2017 3:50 PM

http://edgardaily.com/en/sport/2015/the-10-most-jaw-dropping-golf-courses-in-the-world-9626

Look at these courses. One of them would be amazing. But we can only dream...

• PaulCouples
    348 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 1:35 PM

The CTTH courses we already have extended to full courses would be a good start!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Oct 31 2017 5:04 PM
    Butler National, would be nice if Augusta isn't available.
RSS